Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAO: Jon

LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

What use is a specific forum related issue posted in another forum, that no-one knows exists. I've been in this forum for more years than you've had hot dinners and I had no-clue as to the forum you mentioned in your other post, so no-one else is likely to know it exists either, unless they go hunting for it.

As I see it there should be a sticky at the top of this forum relating to any current problems which exist so its clear to any user of said specific forum. Too much to ask and too sensible suggestion really to be taken seriously. I do get that, after all we are talking Adobe and staff/moderators,  who have not quite got the hang of customer relations yet, even after all these years.

Can you at least inform why nothing is being done about this issue after a month?? A way of edting a post is common in most forums, unless you didnt know?

Can you at least pass my comments onto someone at the top who can actually sort it out trather than really being of littel help and 'burying this issue out or sight out of mind'

No need to lock the other thread this is a civil conversation/request by me, related to the DW forum.

Thanks

Os

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What use is a specific forum related issue posted in another forum, that no-one knows exists. I've been in this forum for more years than you've had hot dinners and I had no-clue as to the forum you mentioned in your other post, so no-one else is likely to know it exists either, unless they go hunting for it.

Removing blinkers at least once a day, often exposes other perspectives. (joking!)

I do tend to agree with Jon that this forum is for discussions related to using Dreamweaver.  Bugs and suggestions for Dreamweaver are usually referrred elsewhere because there is very little that we as users can do about it. Similarly, remarks regarding the forum, should be redirected to where they have an impact.

Keep safe.

Edit: The other post started getting a bit rough.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it seems NOTHING is or HAS been done about it and is having NO impact despite myself bringing it to the attention in this forum weeks ago, which was confirmed by Nancy. If it was a short term problem fair enough, things go wrong and are put right but NOT in this forum, so its the job of the moderator to inform those in charge and report back to the froum user about the schedule and what is being done about it. Moving posts around is a bit of a lame responsibilty without any accompanying action.

Is this forum just about Dreamweaver or does it allow one to ask code questions UNRELATED to Dreamweaver?

If there's an issue with a forum board it might be beneficial to have that issue clearly flagged where its visible to that forum user NOT offsite somewhere out there towards Mars. I dont expect much sense these days, its far too much to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'A bit rough?' These days it can be a lot 'rougher' in the 'Wappler' forum. This forum has lost its edge and is about as tame as you can get, without being dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick scroll down in the Using the Community Forum and found an active post that deals with what you're seeing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/adobe-taking-away-the-ability-to-edit-messages/td...

Looks like what you're seeing is "expected behavior".

[Not aimed at Jon, how rediculous that I can edit someone else's post, yet the majority of users cannot edit their own post - Ben]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon

If your post is addressing me 'expected behaviour' its not 'expected behaviour'.  I CAN'T edit any of my posts, there is nothing under the '...More' dropdown menu, on a Mac at least, this issue was confirmed by Nancy weeks ago.  So when it likely to be fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

That thread is bullcrap. Think about it. It's NOT rocket science. If Adobe wants to take away the ability for a user to edit their own posts then the '....More' dropdown option would NOT be available at all for them. If it is true, which I find difficult to accept, then just leaving it visible and clickable (with no options to choose from) is further evidence that the functionality of the forum and whoever upkeeps it is about as poor as a forum gets, probably damn cheap though - that can be the only reason why it was deployed in the first instance. No-one liked it from day one. It never had the updates promised, too much trouble. Its got all the silly icons in the backend, that no-one give a **** about, but as far as functionality goes its very, very dated and was passed its sell by date even before it was launched, in my opinion.

I mean I know Adobe and staff live in a deep cave somewhere and divulge nothing but surely its OK to confirm or deny?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon did the right thing.  Using the Community is where the concerned Adobe team looks for forum related reports.  They won't see them in DW. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously not, otherwise it would have been fixed by now. A 'place to post and forget about' is more in keeping with reality.

It's also NOT a case of the Adode Team won't see the posts, it's alos a case of they need to be seen by the FORUM USER and the best place for that is in the related forum, especially since the Adobe Team only seem to wake up twice a year, if that. If the Adobe Team were quick to react fair enough but they are not quick to react, so the problem persists longer than it should do, in my opinion.

Seriously, have you moderators been brain-washed or something or is it you get the FREE software and wont say anything against Adobe for fear of losing your status and FREE sofware, much like I spoke out forcefully some years back and was ostracized and had the status removed. Truth and honesty is a dirty thing around this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyway I'm clocking out for the day, so bye everyone. I expect to see the issue resolved by the morning.........ha! ha! ha! ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines