• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not transferred after server maintenance

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! Need some help but I'm quite new to this so hopefully this makes sense.

I'm editing a website which originally was sharing an FTP accountwith another website. The server provider underwent maintenance to update their systems and the result is that I have had to create a new individual FTP account, which has gone through fine it seems.

But now whenever I push changes to the website in Dreamweaver this pops up (where before File activity went through fine and all operations were successful).

The updates to the website appear to still be going live which is good. But after reaching out to my server provider they can "confirm that everything on the server-side is configured properly, however, as the error message suggested the issue seems to be a local one. Prior to uploading files, please make sure that they are not opened by another application such as text editor, visual composers and etc".

I accept that maybe it is a local issue however I am unsure on how to rectify it and think it is unrealistic to close every single other application when uploading and using various different apps when editing a website, especially as it was not required before? And in any case that solution doesn't work.

If anyone has ever experienced this or can shed some light, that would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle

[image removed as per OP's request]

TOPICS
Error , Publish , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is just the one error, but I do not see the filename that it refers to.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right - perhaps it is the files skipped / not transferred that is my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An access denied error with files not transferred could suggest that the permissions on your "images" folder are incorrect or insufficient to allow the transfer of those files to occur.  Can you confirm your account has access to the folder and has permissions to write to the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know yes? The server provider said that changing the FTP account with a different user and password wouldn't affect any connectivity in that regards, and I haven't changed any settings since? If it is something that has happened as a result of the server maintenance, then that means there should be a solution but otherwise I haven't made any changes and it was working fine before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines