• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not transferring to server

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using DW21.1 on a Mac running OS12.2.1 (Monterrey). Hosting is by Namecheap.

DW tells me I am connecting successfully to the remote server, but when I try to upload a file the background file information window tells me "--same--not tranferred"

I saw on a Namecheap help forum that they use Linux servers, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

My tech level is pretty minimal. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

The key thing to check is that you're uploading files to the correct ROOT directory on your server.  Many Linux hosting plans use public_html/ but if you're unsure, check with Namecheap.

In DW, go to Site > Manage Sites > click on your site definition.   Click the Servers tab.  Verify your FTP log-in credentials are entered as Namecheap says to.  See example screenshot.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Click on More Options.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Click the TEST button.

If that works, try uploading a single file from your Files Panel (F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key thing to check is that you're uploading files to the correct ROOT directory on your server.  Many Linux hosting plans use public_html/ but if you're unsure, check with Namecheap.

In DW, go to Site > Manage Sites > click on your site definition.   Click the Servers tab.  Verify your FTP log-in credentials are entered as Namecheap says to.  See example screenshot.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Click on More Options.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Click the TEST button.

If that works, try uploading a single file from your Files Panel (F8) such as index.html.

Post back with your results.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless you! Substituting public_html/ for what I believe Namecheap instructed me to use, allowed me to upload a trial fuile, which actually showed up on the Internet!

Now to do more extensive revisions!

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad I could help. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines