• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and replace inside a folder but exclude files inside a specific sub-folder?

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to search an entire folder but exclude a specific sub-folder? Find and Replace inside the theme folder is very useful, and used to be quick. However I have started using webpack, which adds a huge node modules folder into my theme folder. This massively slows down Find and Replace if I search the entire theme folder, so being able to exclude node-modules from the search would be a big time saver.

TOPICS
How to , Interface , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

None that I know of, aside from possibly cloaking the individual files within the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To hide files from the F&R tool, you can cloak the folder temporarily.

Right click on the folder you don't want searched and choose Cloaking > Cloak. Run your search and it should ignore that folder entirely. Don't forget to Uncloak after you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, your solution (cloaking) was working until recently. In the last week Dreamweaver has started searching files even if inside my cloaked node modules folder. Is there any way to correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None that I know of, aside from possibly cloaking the individual files within the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines