Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

forum subscription

Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good afternoon, everyone,

like most of you, I work with my nose in the handlebars, and, it's true that I receive a lot of mail daily, so it took me almost ten days to realize that I wasn't receiving any more mail from the Dreamweaver forum????

I haven't changed anything to my Adobe account preferences. (I still recieve prerelease mails, ACP's too...)

Please Does anyone has an idea ?... can't we subscribe for a mail follow-up anymore ?

Going to the forum is too much time consuming.

Thank's all for your insights.
see you all soon and have a nice day.

birnou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hi Birnou,

it's not only you, many people here are affected from this. To my knowledge the thread about it started here https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/not-getting-any-forum-emails/m-p/11114562?page=1#M58593 

so that silvia updated the feedback tracker there

https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/your-new-community-feedback-tracker/td-p/10973904?page=1 

with: "Issues with email notifications from 6th of May: emails not received, receiving emails when the option is unticked and emails

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Birnou,

it's not only you, many people here are affected from this. To my knowledge the thread about it started here https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/not-getting-any-forum-emails/m-p/11114562?page=1#M58593 

so that silvia updated the feedback tracker there

https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/your-new-community-feedback-tracker/td-p/10973904?page=1 

with: "Issues with email notifications from 6th of May: emails not received, receiving emails when the option is unticked and emails being sent to spam."

We all hope the "engineering" will do a good job.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Hans... I feel less alone on that one... 😉 those two links should help me to get back to mail reception... thanks again and have a pleasant day.

Birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect l fail to see how going to the forum is too time consuming. Create a short cut icon on the desktop, its not as if the forum is over run with a deluge of posts these days so sorting through them is not much of an issue.

I guess if youre the kind of person that uses packages for this and libraries for that it might seem too time consuming - modern technology has a lot to answer for, it creates a lot of laziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Os, it's true that saying it this way may sound absurd, you're right. real words are not time consuming in a first degree, but one always should think about going to check and refresh the various forums (I'm not only involved in DW)

in fact, in my workflow, I don't say it's good, at least it suits me, and it's simply so, I use a screen, up ahead, that is only dedicated to emails, so I use (maybe wrongly) my mailbox as a task manager. as long as the inbox remains full, it means that there are still tasks to be handled (in addition to the work itself).

so the three browsers (I use Chromium, Opera and Firefox) mainly allow me to check the applications under development in real time. the tabs refresh automaticaly each time that I save one the development files.

taken in the workflow, I almost never see if a forum has been refreshed or not... when using browser to follow forums, I will have to stop working and refresh 4 or 5 pages (for each forum), which represents (for me) a complicated act. I prefer to see emails appear automatically in the inbox... a glance... and hop either I manage, or a macro directs it to the appropriate folder.

this explain that... and I work that way since so long now to try to learn a new method...

sorry for the long message...

have a pleasant day

birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont worry about the DW forum too much, theres not much action these days. Infact the last post prior to this thread was 3 hrs previously, the one before that 5hrs and the one before that 6 hrs, so 3 posts in total in 6 hrs. Theres not much appetite for discussion in here any longer. If you drop by a couple of times a day you generally wont be missing anything.

Whatever suits you of course is the best solution.

Happy days, stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, how is the day there in England ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just in case that I would like to follow the forum from a browser tab,is this link https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/bd-p/dreamweaver?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all the right one, or is there a different URL that offer a display content that is more clearer (more readable), and that can make it possible to quickly perceive the various issues at a glance?
can we say that ergonomics is not a major concern for the designers of this tool?

any clue ? any idea ?... is Sylvia around on this forum ? or Preran ?

have all a pleasant day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the link I have in a short-cut - I dont think it gets any better. I can see your point, in a super active forum, like it was in years a long time ago, a forum workflow is not ideal - but this forum is practically dead.

England is still England - the eccentric English just doing their own thing.........well see how it all works out.

Tongue in cheek - node is dead, start learning deno..........hummmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

although the traffic is not as high as it used to be... every time I arrive on this page, I spend more time getting my bearings than reading and interpreting the content...

as you know, Deno is nothing more and nothing less than the evolution of Node (with the current worries less). I love this run-time.

I also like Ryan Dahl's backslang approach. don't you ? so funny isn't it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given up trying to follow everything these days, best to focus on what you do best, rather than spread your wings and do it badly.

Lets face it most workflows are more than capable for the most part, its just the 'influencers' of new trends that try to bend the curve in their favour, unfortuantely there are a lot of gullible takers out there to feast on.

If something that was considered main stream slowly dies out it then can become quite a desired skill to have as there will still be millions of websites which use the workflow to be maintained.

Anyway, deNO or deYES good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you're so right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I just re-open this old thread, because, I still don't receive the messages that are posted on this forum, directly to my mailbox... and even though I have chosen the subscription option.

the link indicated by Hans has been resolved... so, I also posted the same question to Sylvia there... apparently so this problem would be fixed, but apparently still, I don't receive anything?

someone has a tip, an advice, an idea... ??
Thank you very much and have a pleasant day.

Birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I can see this thread is going down and no one can catch it... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello guys, does the forum subscription still off, or is it back again ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines