Exit

Frames, Text... made like in InDesign

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First time here!

Maybe anybody can help me, would be nice!

I worked with Dreamweaver with the Version 2.0 (I know, very old...).

I think, that I remember, that I could make a Frame, Text... in the same way, like in InDesign. Is it possible? If yes, where can I find the Buttons for them?

Thankful for answers!!!!

Bye!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Older versions of DW used what Adobe called APDivs and AP Elements (AP for Absolute Position). In the years between those versions and today, Absolute Positioning fell out of use as a layout method because, in its default form, Absolute Positioned elements are essentially the opposite of "responsive". Given the vast array of device sizes that viewers use on the internet currently, AP elements really don't provide a good experience for anyone but the small handful of viewers using the exact same

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. 

InDesign is for creating print documents.

Dreamweaver is for creating web documents in  modern HTML, CSS & JavaScript code.

If you show us an image of what you want to create,  we can show you the code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older versions of DW used what Adobe called APDivs and AP Elements (AP for Absolute Position). In the years between those versions and today, Absolute Positioning fell out of use as a layout method because, in its default form, Absolute Positioned elements are essentially the opposite of "responsive". Given the vast array of device sizes that viewers use on the internet currently, AP elements really don't provide a good experience for anyone but the small handful of viewers using the exact same screen size as the developer of the site.

Because of that, the DW development team had removed the buttons from the interface years ago. However, the underlying code the options created is still treated the same way as it was in Design View. When position:absolute is added to the css of a given element, DW gives the same resize and drag capabilities as it did back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines