FTP and Big Sur

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good folks. I did a clean install of BigSur on my Mac Peo 6,1 and since then I have not been able to log into my web site. It complains that the password is not in agreement with the server and etc.

It worked fine with the same machine prior. Seems to me to be a Mac OS issue, but have not been able to find anyone with the same problem I am having.

I even tried Fizale (sp) and it seem to be no better. So I am stumped at the moment. Any assistance would be most helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call your hosting company and verify your FTP information is still correct.

Some hosting companies will lose or change your credentials, when they update your server, and forget to mention it to you.

If it's not working in Dreamweaver or Filezilla, there's a very good chance your FTP info has been changed on the server and the only one who can help you in that situation would be your hosting company.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To rule out a network or ISP problem, can you connect to other sites/servers from DW or FZ?

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines