• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issue downloading rdp config file from our site

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All file types that I've put to the site have worked so far, however after putting an rdp config file to the site, for users to download, I am having issues. I am going through the same steps I do to put pdf's and such to the site.

When I right click the image that is linked to the rdp file on the live site, and try to save the link from chrome (windows 10), in the chrome downloads it is stating "Failed - No file". It is pulling down the correct file name, and when I open that file in the Dreamweaver file browser, it opens up the rdp session correctly. I have also tried this on Edge and got the same result.

I'm using Adobe Dreamweaver 11.5 5315 and was wondering if anyone here had ever experienced issues with putting/downloading rdp config files on the site. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this has anything to do with Dreamweaver or the fact that you're using discontinued CS5.

The RDP file type is primarily associated with Remote Desktop Connection by Microsoft Corporation. You need suitable software like Remote Desktop Connection to open an RDP file. 

OPTION 1:  Zip the RDP file with a compression utility like Winzip or StuffIt before you upload to server.

End users will need to unzip it at their end.

OPTION 2:

Use a "force download" script in PHP or other server-side language supported by your hosting plan.

https://www.tutorialrepublic.com/php-tutorial/php-file-download.php

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines