• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble rolling back Dreamweaver CC version.

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current install is Dreamweaver 19.2, but we need to roll back to 2014 (V 15) or 2015 (V 16) so that the version matches the textbooks we have.   When I try clicking 'other versions' from the Apps menu it only shows (20.0) or (19.2.1). 

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

That's right.  Owing to recent policy changes, Adobe took out legacy CC versions from the CC Desktop App.  

Enterprise or Team accounts should contact their IT admin.

Individual accounts should contact Customer Care and ask for the direct download link.  But I'm certain 2014 is no longer available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right.  Owing to recent policy changes, Adobe took out legacy CC versions from the CC Desktop App.  

Enterprise or Team accounts should contact their IT admin.

Individual accounts should contact Customer Care and ask for the direct download link.  But I'm certain 2014 is no longer available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow-up to @Nancy_Oshea's response:

If you do happen to get it restored, do take a look at your CC App Manager's preferences - you do have the ability to prevent the update cycles from removing/overwriting your old versions of applications in your collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

(I set mine to only update/overwrite particular apps which I know I won't need to access previous versions. I still have 6 versions of Dreamweaver installed on my Apple laptop.)

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a single-user subscription, CC2014 is still available (from Adobe's servers), in a round-about way. You would need to go through ProDesignTools.com to get the download link.

Make sure to follow the "Note: Very Important Instructions" that tell you to go to a specific link on Adobe's site first. That sets a cookie so their site recognizes you and allows access to the download...

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

I'm not sure, but I suspect it's not something that will function with a volume license though. maybe it would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Wright told me 2014 is gone. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff may have been talking about one of the no-no versions of another program in the 2014 lineup.

The DW .exe files are still available as of 12-2-19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines