• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal blue lines all across created pages (in design mode)

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every page I create show accumulation of small blue horizontal lines across the page in between and also over the text.  ADOBE support suggestion was to

remove Adobe CC ,

remove DW

reinstall CC

reinstall DW

This procedure did not help at all.

Any suggestion how to fix this is welcome. I am attaching a screeshot as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think thta thisis due to Dreamweaver, but to a sreen refresh problem... once you get the focus on the display part , try hitting F5, or right right click and choice Refresk in the drop down menu... and see if the blue line are still located in the same place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what Birnou suggests has no effect, please share a link to your work in progress so we can see the code of the page.

If it's not a browser display issue, it's going to be a code issue.

Adobe support's only suggestion is pretty much always going to be "uninstall and reinstall". Everything is a nail when your only tool is a hammer. They're smiply not trained to find or repair code issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could be said better....the help i got was close to nothing both online and an email support.

DW, like many MS products,  is overloaded with too many functions nobody probably knows about or uses but the code seems to me 20 years old and piling up.

I dont believe someone can help

At least the final visual page is ok online....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using an old version, then yes, the code will be older. Adobe doesn't update the old versions after a new one comes out, so programs like CS6 are stuck in 2012 and will remain there. 

Newer versions do use more modern defaults as far as code goes, but certain things are still somewhat beyond the program's capabilities to display correctly (fr units in grid show as errors, and vh/vw still explode in design view).

Design View itself hasn't been updated in a very, very long time. Adobe's plan seems to be to replace it entirely at some point with the Live View Editor. They haven't been able to port all of Design View's functionality over yet, so it languishes on, giving at best a bare framework view of your page. Always use the actual browsers to determine what your design will do in the real world.

The lines you show in your screen capture are unusual though. I've never seen them before.

It could be something in the way you've deisnged the page that's causing the issue in Design View. It could be errors that Design View doesn't know how to deal with, it could be completely fine and simply the way it works with what you have. 

As long as your page is clean and valid here: http://validator.w3.org/nu and displays correctly in the actual browsers, it's nothing to worry about, just an archaic piece of programming showing its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the comment

At least the pages display correctly online so i am not THAT worried

I have been using DW since Macromedia days and  this is the first time I am encountering this problem/

The previous version I used before sI started using the CC system was a 2012 version and it worked flwalessly for years with no bugs ( some crashes though did occur...).

I hav e afeeling ADOBE is abandoning DW because it is losing its market share to other platforms like WP so they simply dont tend to invest too much. A changing word 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a GPU problem to me.  Try updating your graphics drivers from your video card manfucaturer's website, not from MS.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @eli5FD6 ,

Thanks for writing to us. As Nancy suggested, this could be due to graphics card driver update on your machine. Can you please try updating the graphics drivers to the latest available and see if the issue gets resolved. Also can you please help us with the below so that we can try recreating the issue internally and accordingly investigate the same.

1. Dw version.
  2. OS and machine configuration details.
  3. Is the issue observed with all the views code/design/live and split
  4. Is the issue observed with all files or a specific file
  5. Are you aware of any specific changes to your machine made recently post which the issue started occuring.
  6. Display monitor details.
  7. Is the issue observed with Dw only on your machine or you see the issue with other apps as well.
  8. Please try creating a new site with the same local root folder and servers and see if the issue gets resolved.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines