Copied

peerawat5D1E_0-1613749531260.png

TOPICS
Extensions , How to , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are using an older version of DW.  Those functions are out of date and it's possible your server/hosting company may not support them.  Personally speaking, as old as those functions are I would not recommend using them at all.  However, if you still want to use them, you will need to contact your server administrator/hosting provider to have them enable the functions you are trying to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peerawat5D1E_0-1613751850755.png

and how can i do anything with it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed and never replaced the server behaviors in Dreamweaver.

The old ones are no longer compatible with current versions of PHP.

Do not use them.

There are updated, paid extensions available from DMXZone or Webassist. Those are really the only options for Dreamweaver aside from hand-coding your connection scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh really I don't know about this before ahh if i want to use databases how can i do it or any program like dw can use databases????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use dw cs6 and i use xampp3.2.4 to connect databases and when i go to use dw cc 2021 and i install a server behiavior and databases it show like this

peerawat5D1E_0-1613780696653.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a choice

1. Use an outdated Dreamweaver and PHP5/MySQL with outdated server behaviour panels (not recommended)

2. Use the latest version of Dreamweaver and PHP7/MySQLi with server behaviours panels from Webassist

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im afraid l cannot endorse the use of Dreamweaver these days if you want to create a dynamic website which is database driven as its way behind the curve in every respect, unless you are a coder.

Many of us around here, who have been helping out in the forum for years are sick to the back teeth with Adobes broken promises to reinstate a brand new set of server behaviours to help those who do not have the necessary coding skills which will make Dreamweaver a worthwhile purchase. Currently for anything other than producing static responsive, simple websites, its useless unless you are a coder in which case you probably would not use Dreamweaver as your first choice of editor.

These may be harsh words but the whole Dreamweaver management/team/ceo at Adobe need a good  kick up the backside or at least out the real truth as to why the product has slipped so far behind just about every other web editor available, free or paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use PHP 7+ and MySQLi (improved) which replaced outdated PHP 5 and MySQL code.

As an example, add this code to a new empty document and save as test.php

Upload test.php to your remote server and run the code by typing its URL into your browser's address bar.

Change your_username, your_password and database_name as required.

<?php
$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","your_username","your_password","database_name");

// Check connection
if (mysqli_connect_errno())
  {
  echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
		}
		else echo "Successfully connected, happy coding!"
?> 

<?php phpinfo() ?>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines