• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I install the 2019 version of Dreamweaver from Adobe CC?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To cut a long story short, since working from home via VPN  I have been unable to use the updated version of Dreamweaver because it is extremely laggy when editing anything in code or design view. I build single-use web pages for email marketing campaigns, with in-line css - they are honestly nothing fancy.

I have been through the rigroll of unistalling/reinstalling, wiping preferences etc etc and the problems still persist. The only solution I have found in the past is to downgrade to v.2019 which suits me fine, because as I say, I'm not doing anything massively technical.

However, over the course of the last few weeks it seems my version of Dreamweaver has automatically updated itself back to the latest version and now the option to install v.2019 has gone from the versions options.

Anyone know of a way I can reinstall this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only makes the most recent 2 versions available via the CC Desktop App. Since they've gone to version 21 with the latest, 19 dropped off the installation list.

Prodesigntools.com gives direct download links to files on Adobe's servers for CC 2019 here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

Make sure to turn off any automatic updating settings in your CC Desktop App, and verify you have unchecked the "Remove older versions" option whenever you do install a new release. That will allow you to have both versions on your system until you're comfortable with the "latest and greatest".

You can have all of the full releases installed at the same time on the same machine, say 15, 19, 20 and 21 if you want. However, a dot release will overwrite its base version no matter what. For example 19.0 and 19.2 can't exist at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows typing bug has supposedly been fixed in the '21 version.  Have you tried that yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Owing to the version policy (current + 1 previous), I intentionally keep old versions installed just in case I don't like the new one. I have 4 versions of DW installed side-by-side.

To disable automatic app updates in CC Desktop, go to the gear icon, and click the Apps tab.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines