• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I set the code window on monitor 1 and the design window on monitor 2?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

--------
Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2021 Features

Multi-monitor
Dreamweaver provides support of multi-monitor for Windows so now users can expand their workspace by displaying their pages on multiple monitors.
--------

So, I have used multiple monitors on Windows and I used DW 2021 , how can I set my workspace to display the code window on monitor 1 and the design window on monitor 2?

Thanks.

AKA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

what you can do is get the document window being just display or live view, as you like, then undock it an place it on monitor 2, then open the code inspector ( windows > code inspector, or F10) and place it on monitor 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you can do is get the document window being just display or live view, as you like, then undock it an place it on monitor 2, then open the code inspector ( windows > code inspector, or F10) and place it on monitor 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Your method can solve some problems, but it is not perfect. Because the changes made in code inspector will not be reflected in the design window immediately, you need to press F5 to take effect. In addition, the code inspector cannot use Emmet syntax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...In addition, the code inspector cannot use Emmet syntax."

Are you using some kind of extension for Emmet possibly?

My Code Inspector window (DW CC 21.1, under Windows 10) works perfectly fine with DW's default implementation of the Emmet feature.

Edited to add: Live View updates automatically, and Design View updates when the focus changes from the Code Inspector for me in the same environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my mistake. I just checked. Code Inspector window can use Emmet feature.

However, it's a pity that code Inspector window can't synchronize with the design window in real time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the Automatic Browser Reload in:

https://prepros.io/

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes as already stated @Jon Fritz display view needs F5 to refresh, but live view not...

and Emmet works like a charm in Code Inspector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems that so far in 2022, this is also the only choice at present.

In today's multi-monitor popularity, I hope dw will perform better in this respect in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works exactly the same way as when the document window is split between code and display.
when typing the code into code view, it does not refresh immediately in display view, F5 is also necessary...

only in real time rendering it works instantly and automatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Screenshot.  Or use Ctrl + Shift + F11 to toggle between DESIGN & LIVE view.

image.png

NOTE:  Dreamweaver is only minimally maintained now.  No new features are planned. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can also save the document (Ctrl | Cmd) + S, that will refresh the document in the display window too.

placing the document (Ctrl | Cmd) + Shift + U also handle the job, but getting the save dialog first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines