• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Access the Welcome Page Without Restarting

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, I would rather bypass the Welcome screen and get straight to work so my preference is set accordingly. But now and then I would like to access the Welcome screen to maybe open a template or recent file. How do I do this without setting the preference and then restarting DW?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

This home screen is always present in Dreamweaver, unless you have a document open, in which case it is hidden.

So, if you want to create a new document and your home screen is hidden, when you use File > New, or (Ctrl | Cmd) + N, the dialog box will allow you to easily access either a new type of document, or a document from a template...

but you can also use the menu File > Open a recent document, and thus pick in the last documents you worked on, in order to clone them.

but maybe I misunderst

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This home screen is always present in Dreamweaver, unless you have a document open, in which case it is hidden.

So, if you want to create a new document and your home screen is hidden, when you use File > New, or (Ctrl | Cmd) + N, the dialog box will allow you to easily access either a new type of document, or a document from a template...

but you can also use the menu File > Open a recent document, and thus pick in the last documents you worked on, in order to clone them.

but maybe I misunderstood your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I hadn't noticed the the File\New dialog offered the templates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is possible to access your own templates as well as the templates provided with Dreamweaver out of the box.
icing on the cake, for the most part a visual is available (well in some cases one just get the HTML structure) but it often helps to distinguish the right choice, especially when one rework a site after several months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my setting

BenPleysier_0-1618471119506.png

When I leave a document open when exiting Dreamweaver, it will bypass the welcome screen and go straight to that document.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I have been using the same settings myself but wanted to know how to step back, so to speak, to see the templates. But now I see they are offered on the File\New dialog (per Birnou).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines