• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find in and out links in a single page?

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in the days of GoLive (I'm old), there was a way to ask what links came into and out of a particular page (the site --> site options search for links in DW only does the whole site; TMI when I just want to know one page). GoLive even did a graphic, with the page in the center, all the inbound links down the left and outbound on the right. Does DW 2021 have any way to do this?

My specific problem right now: I have two copies of nearly the same page, and I want to delete one. I want to know if I will be breaking any links, and what they are so I can remedy it, to help me delete the least problematic copy.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GoLive features you describe don't exist.  BUT when you rename a file from the Files Panel (right-click, Rename),  DW should prompt you with a list of site files that contain a link to that filename. See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too lament the loss of that GoLive Links Graphic.

While I can, and have, adapted to DW's methods, I would love it if the DW Team could recreate that GL feature and incorporate it into Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That won't happen for a couple of reasons.

1. GoLive used an onboard database to keep track of things which DW NEVER had and never will because it's a code editor not a site generator.

2. Dreamweaver is only minimally maintained now. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines