Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you insert the date in Dreamweaver 2021

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am taking a Dreamweaver class and the Instructor is showing us how to insert the date using the Insert Panel.  The Date feature is not on the Insert Panel for HTML; however, on the menu bar, I see Insert  and HTML.  In this window, I see Date but it is grayed out.  How do I activate this so that I can complete my assignment?  Thanks.

Annette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Hi Nancy,

I am taking an HTML class and using Dreamweaver 2021.  I finally figured out the answer.  I had been working in Design View and somehow, it was in Live View.  You can't find Date in Live View.  Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @annetteh88942768,

Which version of Dreamweaver are you using?

It's a lot more useful to know how to do this dynamically with server-side code than it is with static HTML that never changes. The following example is PHP code.  However for this to work, your document must be a .php file hosted on a PHP supporting server.

Current year:

<?php echo date("Y");?>

Tue, Feb 02, 2021:

<?php echo date("D, M d, Y");?>

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

This can be done with other programming languages like C#, too.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I am taking an HTML class and using Dreamweaver 2021.  I finally figured out the answer.  I had been working in Design View and somehow, it was in Live View.  You can't find Date in Live View.  Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To my mind, the Insert date feature in DW is about as useful as a rice cooker or iced tea making machine, neither of which I use BTW.

That said, There are things we cannot do in Live View (yet).  Design is probably best for most things especially when working with DW's proprietary features -- DW Templates, Library Items, client-side Behaviors...

Live View is good when working with Bootstrap or checking your layout & CSS styles because it's more like a browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines