• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to delete multiple ogv and webm files

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete ogv  and webm files from multiple folders on the remote server with Dreamweaver 2021?

I have a folder with multiple subfolders with ogv and webm video files I no longer need.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no method, using DW's Find & Replace tool, to search by file type and make a selection to delete a given file type from your site entirely, but you can still use DW to clean up your server files...

1. Click the Connect button (plug-in icon) in the Files Window
2. Click the Expand button (two square icon) in the Files Window
3. Right Click on the bar, just above your Remote Root folder name, and to the right of "Remote Server"
4. From the drop down menu that appears, choose "Type"
5. Open all of your folders by clicking the small arrows to the left of their names
6. Click the "Type" column header to sort them by extension

This will group the files by type for each folder. You can then go through and select them by Shift+Click and Ctrl+Clicking to highlight, then delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. I am familiar with this. I had hoped since I have several hundred folders, each with ogv and webm inside that DW might be able to just go get all of them and throw them away; leaving me with the MP4 versions only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see much benefit in having hundreds of site sub-folders.  Complex site structures complicate matters.  I like to keep all my images in an Images folder and all my video files in a Media folder.  It makes site management much less onerous.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines