How to delete ogv and webm files from multiple folders on the remote server with Dreamweaver 2021?
I have a folder with multiple subfolders with ogv and webm video files I no longer need.
There's no method, using DW's Find & Replace tool, to search by file type and make a selection to delete a given file type from your site entirely, but you can still use DW to clean up your server files...
1. Click the Connect button (plug-in icon) in the Files Window
2. Click the Expand button (two square icon) in the Files Window
3. Right Click on the bar, just above your Remote Root folder name, and to the right of "Remote Server"
4. From the drop down menu that appears, choose "Type"
5. Open all of your folders by clicking the small arrows to the left of their names
6. Click the "Type" column header to sort them by extension
This will group the files by type for each folder. You can then go through and select them by Shift+Click and Ctrl+Clicking to highlight, then delete.
Thanks for the input. I am familiar with this. I had hoped since I have several hundred folders, each with ogv and webm inside that DW might be able to just go get all of them and throw them away; leaving me with the MP4 versions only.
I don't see much benefit in having hundreds of site sub-folders. Complex site structures complicate matters. I like to keep all my images in an Images folder and all my video files in a Media folder. It makes site management much less onerous.