• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO IMPORT SITE FROM CS6 FROM OLD COMPUTER TO NEW COMPUTER WITH CC2021

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new Macbook Pro M1. On my old Macbook Pro i have DW CS6, on the new one i have CC 2021. If i import my website from CS6 to CC 2021 on my new Mac, will i use all the info i have in CS6 and cannot use it anymore? I do want to use CC but am nervous in case i do something wrong. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to import.  Simply go to Site > New Site and define your local site folder and enter your server's S/FTP log-in credentials.  That's all there is to it.

Creative Cloud on a new computer will have no effect on running legacy CS6 from your old computer.  They are separate installations on totally different devices.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to what Nancy says, I would add that if you had exported your site from CS6 (at least the STE file which contains the server settings information and various other parameters specific to your site), then you can also import this informations (contained in the STE file) into the current CC.
however, it is important that you take into account that if in the old site developed under CS6, you used particularities specific to DW at that time, such as server behaviors, the SPRY library or widgets... all this is not taken into account at all in the new versions of DW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imported settings or STE files from legacy Creative Suite did not work for me when I first migrated to Creative Cloud. 

Also the file location may be different on a new computer.

In my experience, it's usually best to create a new site definition in CC then export it to STE for future use.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true that some DW users work solo, and on a single site, but as a general rule, those who use DW in universities, companies, or teams ... work on disks other than the system disk.

Anyway, it doesn't take much to import the STE (I have STE from an antediluvian era that still work)... and it imports the server settings including login and password, and the test server settings...
so when importing if the local path differs... two clicks and it's done for everything else.
at least this is how I work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on a Mac if you have a time machine backup of your previous computer or access to it, you can go to the library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:{version}:Sites and there is a Site Prefs file with your definitions there. If you migrated from an old Mac, this may actually even be on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all very  much, that was very, very helpful!

Now i know what to do!  ðŸ™‚ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines