• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep the tab active (bootstrap)?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to DW (last version), (I used bootstrap components to insert the menu: basic navbar) but I realize as soon as I click on a tab, it loads the page well but it does not remain active.

Rem: (the "hover" works very well) and therefore I would like it to keep this color (by the way that of the hover) when it is active so that the user knows in what menu it is. I posted the generated code but I'm not sure what to change ??? Surprising all the same that this principle is not set by default in the component ?? Thanks for your advices.

TOPICS
Bootstrap , Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open navigation from DW's Live view, use Ctrl + click.  But remember, Dreamweaver is not an actual web browser. 

For best results, always test your work in REAL browsers (F12)  -- Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge, iOS, Androids, etc...

Or right-click on document tab and select Open in Browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody can guess your page URLs or how many links your navbar contains.  Only you know that.

Use the  .active class on navbar links to indicate the current page.  For example:

<li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link active" href="index.html">CURRENT PAGE</a></li>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines