• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make my logo wrap around itself only?

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like my navigation and title are pushed to the bottom of my header because the logo is taking up the full width of the page? If that is the problem, how do i make it only take up as much space as it actually is?Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 13.32.16.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-14 at 13.32.06.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-14 at 13.31.49.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its difficult to understand what you are trying to achieve. Assuming the image of the cake is the logo and you want it centered above the navigation and the text 'birmingham cakes' then you just need to center the logo, see your other thread in reference to 'background-images' - link - for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the logo on the same line as the navigation, but the logo be to the left of the page and the navigation in the center, does that make sense? At the moment my logo sits on a seperate line it seems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then wrap your logo div and your navigation <ul> </ul> in a div container and apply display: flex; to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iv'e done this, but i want to position my items manually? how do i do that? like i want the "important nav" to be in the top left, and i want the logo in the center but 30px from the top etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not making much sense. In your other thread the diagram shows the 'contact address' in the top left corner, which is it?

You want the 'important nav' in the top left and to the right of that you want the logo, centered horizontally in the remaining space, 30px from the top of the browser window?

Just saying I want the logo in the center means nothing, center of what, centered where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry, i've been looking at the wrong picture! I was referring to the layout i'd drawn!!!!:P 

I HAVE found a way to make this work, but i feel there's an easier way. I've basically put each bit (hyperlinks, logo, title) in their own class and made the position: relative then positioned them using the top, bottom, right, left properties. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv'e also made all the heading section (coloured in pink) inside a div called "heading-section". This is relative to how i want to position my heading content. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can almost guarantee that so-called "pixel-perfect  positioning" is absolutely the wrong approach.  Test your layout rigorously in multiple devices, various zoom settings and with aggressively increased text size (Ctrl/Cmd ++++) to ensure that usability remains intact no matter what settings the end user has.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the code you have produced I can't provide any advice or alternative suggestions BUT I doubt I would be using top, bottom, right, left to position items.

If you have this working but are not happy with your solution then post the code and css in the forum and I'll have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines