• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO REMOVE ORANGE CODE HIGHLIGHTING

Participant ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop this moronic orange highlighting from appearing.

Thank you for deleting my previous question. Apparently you do not mind being idiots but you do not like people making the observation...

How do I stop this moronic orange highlighting from appearing when I click a <P or <TD etc?

I have tried the "main.less"
I have tried the "brackets.json"

And I have spent several hours trying everything else.

PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU KNOW.

DO NOT ASK me stupid questions like "Have I tried VIEW > CODE > SYNTAX COLORING" because you obviously do not know.

Thank you

adobe.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

I think that I fixed the problem,

Thank you to all who have helped.

The solution:

Go Here >>

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017\www\main.js

CHANGE THIS

{className:"CodeMirror-matchingtag"}))}var s="close"==o.at?o.open:o.close;s?n.state.tagOther=n.markText(s.from,s.to,{className:"CodeMirror-matchingtag"}

to this (just put any letter on the end of the CodeMirror-matchingtag)

{className:"CodeMirror-matchingtaga"}))}var s="close"==o.at?o.open:o.close;s?n.state.tagOther=n.markText(s.from,s.to,{

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of being called a moron, have a look at Learn how you can customize the colors of your code elements in Dreamweaver.

Lucky you have this on your side No such thing as a stupid question - Wikipedia

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps IF you had looked at the image I attached and then tried to find the solution you would have seen that THERE IS NONE.

I have already visited the page you suggested, I have already changed every #be7126 that I have found to #FFFFFF and NOTHING works.

Pointing someone to a page which does NOT answer their question reinforces my point.

BTW

Before you get on your mighty horse, perhaps you should look around the forums to see just how angry people are at the stupidity of this new release and instead of being condescending to the people who pay your bills, perhaps you should take on board what they are angry about (except that the puppets playing god on this and other forums delete or disapprove most of the comments because of how people express themselves towards idiots.

Remember that Yahoo and Alta Vista and friends were kings until google came up with a better product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is on this forum post: Solution: White on Mint Green Code Color.

Post #4 by OhAdobeYouSoCrazy has the correct CodeMirror selectors to allow you to keep your code coloring, and change the tag highlight color (though their response was to the far worse light green in the default light theme).

The method works in any theme, you do have to do a lot more legwork than should be necessary though.

Hopefully Adobe will bring back a useful interface for changing these things in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon, NOT the solution, I have already changed ALL of the BG colors in the .LESS file to FFF

Pls see the image attached

.CodeMirror-matchingbracket, .CodeMirror-matchingtag {

/* Ensure visibility against gray inline editor background */

background-color: #ffffff;

color: #000;

}

adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to tell you aside from you've likely goofed up somewhere.

I've used the exact solution, it does work.

Here is a screen capture of a highlighted tag in my modified Dark theme (when clicked inside the tag)...

tag-highlight.jpg

...and here's the same code, click-drag selected...

selected.jpg

The original dark theme gives an orange highlight color with white text.

I've used nothing but that post as a guide to make the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before

After

Look for .CodeMirror-matchingtag and change the background colour

background-color: white !important;

color: #fff!important;

}

Perhaps we should both get off our horses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! And for the link that I showed you! Here is what it says (near the top)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received this message:

STOP-SPAMMING-ME marked their reply on HOW TO REMOVE ORANGE CODE HIGHLIGHTING as helpful.

Great to see that you are happy.

Getting back to what you wrote originally

STOP-SPAMMING-ME  wrote

Perhaps IF you had looked at the image I attached and then tried to find the solution you would have seen that THERE IS NONE.

I have already visited the page you suggested, I have already changed every #be7126 that I have found to #FFFFFF and NOTHING works.

Pointing someone to a page which does NOT answer their question reinforces my point.

BTW

Before you get on your mighty horse, perhaps you should look around the forums to see just how angry people are at the stupidity of this new release and instead of being condescending to the people who pay your bills, perhaps you should take on board what they are angry about (except that the puppets playing god on this and other forums delete or disapprove most of the comments because of how people express themselves towards idiots.

Remember that Yahoo and Alta Vista and friends were kings until google came up with a better product.

BTW Ben, did you actually TRY and see if what you were sending me to actually specifically applied to the problem I and many others are having ?
Or was this just a post to get points?

Because NOTHING on that page or its linked pages seems to work  and I have also checked ALL of the CSS files in the adobe folder for this orange hex code.

Perhaps you should TRY and see if your suggestion works before you say something demeaning.

• I did not point you to a page that did not answer your question. If you had studied the carefully prepared Adobe document, you would have found the answer that you were looking for.
  • Nobody in this forum pays my bills. I do not work for Adobe and my contributions to this forum are free of charge. However, they are often the target of abuse. My reward? Reward points that I cannot even cash in for a trip to to the local pub.
  • Have fun with the points that you have rewarded to yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a little sad. Most people who come to here are doing so under the impression that they pay for support from Adobe, but from what you're saying, it appears that our money is being spent in the pub instead, and our 'paid' support is being supplied by an unpaid volunteer instead. I thank you for putting the effort in to help fellow devs, but I am extremely concerned about the policy of Adobe's that has seemingly shifted their contractual responsibility onto a member of the public! This is a growing trend - which seems to offer no benefits to the actual people paying the bills, but plenty for the company whose legal responsibility it actually is to provide said support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just read through these comments again. I noticed the discrepancy regards the following part of the comment you made to the OP:

<quote>

• I did not point you to a page that did not answer your question. If you had studied the carefully prepared Adobe document, you would have found the answer that you were looking for.

</quote>

FYI It was clearly stated that what was wanted was the ability to REMOVE the functionality, not change it to another colour, as per the instructions found at the linked pages you provided instructions toward. So stating that your links didn't provide the answer to the question was an entirely accurate observation by the OP. To summarise - for clarity - you (and others) provided solutions to alter the colours used in the functionality, whereas the OP specifically asked for a means to remove the functionality.

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but for anybody else who reads this thread later, it may help people who are searching for a specific solution to get the one they actual want i.e. removal OR colour change (of which either solution may be of use to different people dependent on what they actually want to do), both of which are supplied within this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove the functionality, would transparent have worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, and I personally am sure it would have worked regards supplying the outcome that the user seemed to be aiming for, but it still wasn't what the OP actually asked for...and like me, it seems as if they are quite literal. I was merely trying to point out where the communication breakdown had occurred, as I can understand it from both sides.

However, I have to say, I'm glad I raised the point, because with your reply you have added to the information pile in this thread surrounding the issue, therefore giving a clear indication of another method of adapting the code panel to match what users actually want for their working environment.

So, we now have:

1/ Remove the functionality entirely

2/ Change the colour of the matching tags block to a more suitable colour

3/ Make the matching tags block 'colour' transparent so that it cannot be seen

My own current personal preference is the first one - as there are still bugs in the code matching functionality and cloned themes, but it's good to have other options. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, ty for ur help.

[Moderator removed duplicated posts.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, I found it quite helpful and I was able to change the background color of the tags in my code. What I missed at first was 1) to then go back in and choose my custom profile and APPLY it, then 2) reopen Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Ben, did you actually TRY and see if what you were sending me to actually specifically applied to the problem I and many others are having ?
Or was this just a post to get points?

Because NOTHING on that page or its linked pages seems to work  and I have also checked ALL of the CSS files in the adobe folder for this orange hex code.

Perhaps you should TRY and see if your suggestion works before you say something demeaning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon, I do not understand. I do not want to change the "theme" and recode every css.

I just want to get rid of this one annoying Agent Orange feature.

I have spent almost 18 hours learning many of the new features (a complete waste of my time which has resulted in an angry client)

This is what I have done, I have tried both the white "theme" and the light gray theme and (Please read this) when I click the </td> tag or ANY OTHER tag, they ALL highlight with the same insipid orange color.

As per the attached image in my previous post.

I do not want to include any external CSS because google "Now" penalizes me for forcing them to do another "loop" to pick up the css before building the page.

I have gone through EVERY Hex code on the MAIN.LESS page and checked it against this color picker and anything orange, I have changed to white

Color Picker by WebpageFX

Yet the Orange BG problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, I already did that

It does NOT work

background-color: #ffffff;

color: #000;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add the red bit.

background-color: #ffffff !important;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did now you showed me and it still does not work.

I did reboot DW as well.

See image below

25-05-2017 3-43-03 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I added the !important; to both color codes, I have also tried short and long hex FFFFFF > FFF and nothing works

I have also rebooted DW several times

I am going to reboot my PC, not that this should have anything to do with anything

NEW IMAGE

25-05-2017 3-47-06 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, it might not be a bad idea to post your entire .less file to the forum.

The contributors here aren't suffering from the same level of frustration you're going through right now and may be able to spot any other code errors, like the pair Os alludes to, that could be keeping your code from functioning the way it should.

An extra set of eyes might do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thought, and I know this is a very "is it plugged in" style question...

Since you can't edit the Light theme directly in DW, the program forces you to create a duplicate with a different name, has that duplicate file been set as the code theme in your preferences?

Changing the line you show in your screen shot is what fixes the problem you're having. (The original color being #BE7126).

Once changed and saved, the modification appears instantly, as long as you've set the new edited theme in your Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the ; after #ffffff (that might help)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still does not help, but good point, ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines