• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am testing Dreamweaver for the 7 days

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a career software developer with history in C/C++ for embedded systems, but now I am venturing off into unknown territory for fun. Will Dreamweaver allow me to accomplish building a scalable subscription based website that also allows me to easily produce an App for IOS and Android devices with the same features and functionality?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: YES.

Although that can be achieved using Dreamweaver, because of lack of some inbuilt features like database connection and terminal window, it would be very laborious. There are other IDE's that would be more suited to the task. As an example, I use Wappler.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Wappler and it does appear to be a better option. Do you know of any other IDE's that do the same? I'd like to test out as many as possible before launching this new idea on mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also a great option, although with this option you are stuck with Bubble. Teason why many Bubblers are turning to Wappler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any tutorials for Wappler I can benefit from watching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hikr,

I'm not sure I understand this statement.

quoteWill Dreamweaver allow me to accomplish building a scalable subscription based website that also allows me to easily produce an App for IOS and Android devices with the same features and functionality?

Yes, but the prevailing trend these days is browser-based web apps or PWAs, not device specific apps.  So if your site works in modern browsers, it should work on ALL modern devices that have a browser -- iOS, Android, Win, Mac, Linux, etc... 

Dreamweaver is a good tool.  But tools don't build great web apps, people do.  So what you build with DW will depend on your coding skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and whichever server-side programming & frameworks you're accustomed to using.

• DW is better suited to PHP/MySQL developers. 
  • Visual Studio Code is better for MS coders (ASP.net, MSSQL).
  • Eclipse with the CF extension is probably better for Cold Fusion programmers. I say probably because I haven't touched CF in many years.

Disclaimer: I don't use Wappler because I'm not interested in hybridized code.  But apart from that, it appears to be a pretty good visual programming tool.  Try it before you buy it.  🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code that is produced by Wappler is no different to code that is produced by Dreamweaver when using the DMXZone extensions. In fact, I used to interchange the two IDE's when I first started off with Wappler to ensure that this was the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines