• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a second css file connected to my html file that stops me from previewing on my browser.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completing a project for school and I just created a new html file. Everything went fine until I created a css file to connect and 2 sheets are attached and I have no idea what is happening. In my folder I only have one css file yet 2 are showing connected and the problem one says it is not on my local disk. I have no idea how to fix this problem but no css is showing on my page because of this. I appreciate the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

if you try everything that @Nancy OShea said, and if nothing helped, could you try,

1 - check if there is no STYLE tag, that link this second CSS file, in within the BODY tag

2 - closing the host file (HTML) then rebuild the cache from this web site

from file panel, on the right top corner of the panel, drop down menu... site item.... almost at the end, rebuild site cache.

then reopen the host file... does the style.css artefact still there ?

3 - check if there is no Javascript that link t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please send a copy of the full HEAD tag in the HTML file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Validate code and fix reported errors.

HTML - https://validator.w3.org/

CSS - https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

2. Is your local site folder defined and residing on your computer's primary hard drive?  Site > Manage Sites...

3. Is style.css file located in your local site folder at root level, the same as your html document? Or is it in a folder off the root as in my example (see screenshot)?  Most people prefer to keep site assets in separate folders for organization reasons.

Files Panel (F8), Local SiteFiles Panel (F8), Local Site

4. Reattach the stylesheet.  Open HTML document in code view.

Remove the old stylesheet path from your <head> tag.

Go to Tools > CSS > Attach Stylesheet.  Browse to the correct stylesheet location in your site folder.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you try everything that @Nancy OShea said, and if nothing helped, could you try,

1 - check if there is no STYLE tag, that link this second CSS file, in within the BODY tag

2 - closing the host file (HTML) then rebuild the cache from this web site

from file panel, on the right top corner of the panel, drop down menu... site item.... almost at the end, rebuild site cache.

then reopen the host file... does the style.css artefact still there ?

3 - check if there is no Javascript that link the STYLE sheet on the fly

4 - is there is any IMPORT process in within the CSS file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rebuilding the site cache did it! Thank you so much! Still not sure what the issue entirely was but as long as I have a way to fix it, I am great! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines