• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to add tabs and accordion

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been away from web design for awhile, but I need to update an old site which relied expensively on tabs and accordions. God help me, I cannot remember how to edit them and have been unable to find any relevant help. I am using the current version of Dreamweaver. The site works OK when I view through a browser, but I have been unable to add the tabs or accordions.

I would be most appreciative for any help you could render! Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've given us zero practical information to go on. 

• What system did you use to create the tabbed panels and accordions?
  • What is the URL to your online site? 

If it's 5+ years out of date, you may need to replace it with something new. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I created the site in Dreamweaver about ten years ago. I am using the current version and would like to be able to edit the old site using DW rather than coding it. The site is currently off-line.

[E-mail signature removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As old as that is, it could have been done in Spry when it first came out.  There is still documentation, but I don't know I would recommend using that to update your site: https://opensource.adobe.com/Spry/docs.html .

In the newer version of DW you have access to Bootstrap and could that use that for your accordion and tab panel.  That would require some conversion of what you have though.

Accordion - https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.5/components/collapse/#accordion-example

Tabs - https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.5/components/navs/#tabs 

If you need more specifics, could you upload a page or example somewhere for us to view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post sensitive, personal information in a public user-to-user forum.  If you must reply by e-mail, be sure to remove your signature first.

Without a URL, I'm just as much in the dark now as I was before.  There were and still are multiple ways of creating Tabbed Panels and Accordions in DW ranging from deprecated Spry which was abandoned in 2012 for jQuery UI to 3rd party DW extensions to code that was copied & pasted from other websites.  

Given your site's age, it's doubtful that your site can be edited any other way except in code view.   To answer your question, we need to see the relevant document type, scripts and markup. The best way is with a URL to the site online.  A distant 2nd option is copy & paste all the code into a web forum reply.  DO NOT use e-mail, it won't come through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also because you inadvertently posted your e-mail signature on a web forum that everyone can see,  beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines