How can I see in Safari and Chrome browsers my recently edited images and pages on me Macitosh?
The browsers are usually not showing the updated versions of my files unless I restart my Mac.
I'm using frames.
I tried in the browsers:
*clearing my History
* restarting the browsers
* pressing Reload
• pressing option and reload simultaneously
and in Dreamweaver
• Site > Advanced > Recreate Site Cache
• Site > Site Options > Synchronize Site Sitewide
• pressing the Refresh circular arrow in the bottom, left corner of the Files window
• pressing the Synchronize button at the top of the Files window
• restarting Dreamweaver
• uploading the index.html file
• uploading the right frame html file
• dragging the updated images and pages to the images or pages folder on the remote server
• pressing the Synchonize circular arrow in Files
and trying verious combinations of those, etcetera, but usually I have to restart my Mac to get the images and pages to update in the browsers.
I'm using the latest browsers and the latest Apple operating system.
This problem is frustrating and time-wasting.
I've been using a mac for years and can't honestly say I've come across what you describe before. Have you tried creating a new user account on the computer and see if you can replicate the issue? I have seen user profile corruption before and this could be a result. Worst case if this resolves your issue, you will have to migrate to using a new user account on the platform but you should be able to move over most, if not all of your preferences.
"I'm using frames."
<palm to forehead>
I'm afraid this problem has nothing to do with Dreamweaver and everything to do with the choices you made.
As Nancy pointed out above, browsers are moving further and further away from Frames as time goes on. However, what you describe could be something as simple as a browser cache issue.
Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
I still think the use of frames is the main problem. However, try this in Google Chrome.
Hold down Cmd + Shift + Delete keys to clear browsing data.
Navigate to right frame html file and refresh browser. Repeat with other frame files.