• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a Website

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a client who's website was built by a previous web designer and they pay me monthly for maintenance.  To make it easier, we transferred all of the Dreamweaver files from her computer to mine.  She has no idea what her FTP information is so I can upload her website to her hosting site from my computer.  Where would I find this information in her CS6 version of Dreamweaver and how do I add it into my CC 2019 version?  I'm new to Dreamweaver.  I mostly work with HTML and CSS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

You will need to create a new site definition in DW.  Go to Site > New Site and enter the FTP log-in and root directory provided to you by the web host.  See screenshots.

Local site folder

CC-localsite.jpg

Server Basic.  If unsure what to use here, contact the hosting provider.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Hit the TEST button or More Options if needed.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your client still has her Dreamweaver access, she can create a Site Definition Export (.ste) site backup file that can be used to transfer/copy her previous FTP settings to your current Dreamweaver app on your computer.

How to import and export Dreamweaver site settings

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - this made things easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Failing the advice already given. Someone must pay for the hosting fees of the wesbite, even if the previous web designer has gone awol. Find out who pays for the hosting fees and get them to contact the hosting provider - ask the hosting provider for the FTP details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to create a new site definition in DW.  Go to Site > New Site and enter the FTP log-in and root directory provided to you by the web host.  See screenshots.

Local site folder

CC-localsite.jpg

Server Basic.  If unsure what to use here, contact the hosting provider.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Hit the TEST button or More Options if needed.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines