• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing sites from previous version

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the new Mac Studio and installed Dreamweaver 2021.  I need all my site data from the 2020 installation on my 2012 Cheesegrater.  Can anyone tell my how and from where to import the site data?  I still have the boot drive and all the files from the old install.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way would normally be to export the ste files inside DW if the drive still boots.  Otherwise you need to go to the following folder in the user library:

Library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:{version}:Sites:Site Prefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have located that file in the old libary.  But it will not import into Dreamweaver using their interface.  How is that done manually?  I'm not sure where the file should be located in the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just move it to the same location on your new HDD.  The version number in the path will just be replaced with your new version number of DW.  Then restart DW and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me what folder that is on a Windows computer, cannot find it diretly in the "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe" folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@glenn_acawa,

This discussion is almost a year old. 

Site definition settings must be exported to STE files from your Manage Sites panel and stored in a safe place -- backup drive, external, cloud storage, USB memory stick, etc... Wherever you decided to put your exported STE file is where you should look.

If you never exported your settings to STE file, your best option is to manually enter your S/FTP log-in credentials that your web host gave you.  Click on Servers Tab.  See screenshot.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

If it connects to server as expected, you can export settings to STE file and store in a safe place for future use.

Likewise, in Preferences, you can sync your settings to Cloud storage.   See screenshot.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your actual website files are where you put them.  Example, C:\MyTestSite\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I mean the "site prefs". My old Windows installation is gone (not bootable) but I still have access to the harddisk were Windows was installed. I have 55 websites to import, I will not do that one by one... It's crazy.

I know from the past that there is some "Site Prefs" folder somewhere on the C:\ drive. It worked some years ago to have back al my sites at once: Just by copying that folder to the new Windows installation. I don't have .ste files. So this is the only way.

I know that folder is there cause another user here mentions it in Mac:

Library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:{version}:Sites:Site Prefs

And I also did it that way some years ago, so it is possible for sure.

So what is the folder path of this folder on Windows please? Can you check that for me with the developers if you don't know it yourself, it should really help me.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I found it on my Windows machine

BenPleysier_0-1679537366565.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Thanks a lot! I did not look in the cloudprefs folder. You saved my day. I'll try it out tomorrow :crescent_moon:.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So just to confirm this was the solution to my problem!

Copying this file from my old profile to my new did the trick.

C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver ****\cloudpref\Adobe Dreamweaver 2021\AdobeDreamweaverSettingsPrefs.xml

Thanks a million times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of DW did you use before? 

If it was a Creative Cloud version, your preferences & site settings may very well be synced to the cloud and available to Import into new/other devices.   If however, you were using 10+ year old software, that sync feature wasn't available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy the old site folder to your new hard drive yet?  You will need to do that first.

In the absence of site definition settings (STE files), you can create a new one manually by going to Site > New Site and entering name of site and location on your hard drive followed by your remote server's details.

After your site is defined, export to STE file and store in a safe place in case you ever need it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines