Importing sites from previous version

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the new Mac Studio and installed Dreamweaver 2021.  I need all my site data from the 2020 installation on my 2012 Cheesegrater.  Can anyone tell my how and from where to import the site data?  I still have the boot drive and all the files from the old install.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way would normally be to export the ste files inside DW if the drive still boots.  Otherwise you need to go to the following folder in the user library:

Library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:{version}:Sites:Site Prefs

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have located that file in the old libary.  But it will not import into Dreamweaver using their interface.  How is that done manually?  I'm not sure where the file should be located in the newest version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just move it to the same location on your new HDD.  The version number in the path will just be replaced with your new version number of DW.  Then restart DW and you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you copy the old site folder to your new hard drive yet?  You will need to do that first.

In the absence of site definition settings (STE files), you can create a new one manually by going to Site > New Site and entering name of site and location on your hard drive followed by your remote server's details.

After your site is defined, export to STE file and store in a safe place in case you ever need it again.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines