• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing sites to new pc from Creative Cloud Dreamweaver 2021

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do import my sites to a new pc from Creative Cloud Dreamweaver 2021? I don't have access to the old PC. I've installed DW 2021.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were previously syncing your settings ( https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/synchronizing-dreamweaver-settings-creative-cloud.html ) then they should be downloaded to the application through the automatic sync. However, if this was not previously done, and you don't have access to your old PC, then the settings will need to be setup again.

If you are referencing your site files (html, css, js, etc.) these are not uploaded to the cloud and if you do not have access to the old computer, you will need to connect to your sites via FTP/SSH/etc to retreive the files from the remote server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben, quie frankly, I don't know for sure, but looking at these instructions, probably not. it was just my site settings (FTP setups), of which I had many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you previously exported your site settings to STE files and kept them in a safe place (dedicated cloud backup service, external HD or servers), you could import the STE files into DW's Manage Site panel.   Without the STE files, you will need to manually configure your sites again. 

Similarly, if  you don't have have the local site folders anymore, you'll need to GET files from your Remote Server(s) onto your computer's primary drive.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the STE files, you will need to manually configure your sites again. 

By @Nancy OShea

Aren't the site settings also synchronized with the cloud? at least by default the checkbox is on

If so, you just need to synchronize the account (recovery) and the sites should reappear, all you have to do is connect them in turn to recover the files. Only hitch, the cloaked files will be absent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes this works; sometimes not.  It depends on which version of DW the user had previously and if they ever synced settings to the cloud from Preferences panel.   Importing synced settings from the cloud is not enabled by default. It must be selected by the user.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote Importing synced settings from the cloud is not enabled by default. It must be selected by the user.
By @Nancy OShea

ok, I just get your previous comment, and that's why I told the user "... If so, you just need to synchronize the account (recovery) and the sites should reappear,..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange mine are default, and they are all checked.. this build is a new one installed

Birnou_0-1641501377773.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the .ste files are only generated by an export? I have access to the original drives if there is another way to get those settings without generating an export from the old system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STE files are by export only. 

Which OS and version of DW did you have previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the old drive you can get the sites definitions from that:

Mac --> Library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:{Version}:Site Prefs

Win --> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Common\{Version}\Sites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines