• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linting in DW 20.3

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my linting faults show up as being in line 1 of my page. Here I engineered a problem on line 43 but the output shows all the errors in line 1. I can't find a solution and have checked my settings. any help anyone?

2020-07-12_11-58-20.png

2020-07-12_11-58-23.png

  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears from what you have posted that you have NOT closed the </a> tag at the end of line 43.

The other 2 warnings are alerting you to use an alt tag on your images - alt="Image Description Goes Here"

EDITED

OK you engineered the above for testing purposes. As far as I know DWs linting is not accurate to the point it can designate the exact position/line number of the errors. It just creates errors and if you put them right they go away.

Most editors are similar in my experience - they give you a line but that is not usually where the actual error is located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry perhaps I haven’t explained myself properly as you have missed the point. The unclosing of the tag was deliberate as was the “alt” lapses. The point it that DW is showing these mistakes as being on line 1 - and not where they occur. In previous versions it would show the errors on the actual lines where the problem was.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes when I re-read the question I understood you had created the errors to provide an example (see my edited response).

Maybe someone can clarify my edited post as I no longer use DW. There have been many posts in the forum about errors and the linting is not that accurate. Its a bit hit and miss, sometimes it gets it right and other times it doesn't. I have to think DW works in a similar fashion regarding linting and you should take it with a pinch of salt i.e., it's helpful but not to the point you should always rely on what it returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Line #1 is due to errors at the top of your page which you didn't show us.

Validate code and fix reported errors.  Critical errors are in red.  Less important warnings are in yellow/orange.

https://validator.w3.org/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand that Nancy. The first line is <!DOCTYPE html> tag and there is no problem with it. The point I am trying to make is that in earlier iterations of DW any code errors were reported on the line in which they occoured. In this version all the errors are tagged to line 1. It's irritating and stupid and doesn't make sense to me. My question was whether it was something that Adobe has done deliberately or a switch I haven't found in the settings? Thanks for any light you can throw on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, that would be irritating and stupid, however I'm not seeing this behavior in CC 20.2 Build 15263 under Windows 10.

Have you tried restoring preferences yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines