• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] How to import websites from DW CS6 into DW 2021?

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at the import window and can't move forward. What must I do next?

Perhaps some file(s) have to renamed before I can import the docs from my DW CS6 website into DW 2021?  

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Did you export site settings from CS6 first?  That's the first step. 

image.png

Alternatively, you will need to manually create new settings in DW CC since you have no .ste file to import.

Once your site definitions are all set-up, be sure to sync settings to the cloud from Preferences.  In future migrations of DW CC, you can then import synced  settings from your cloud storage.  See screenshot.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous was wrong screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeat what I said before

As one nearly octogenarian to a real octogenarian, the instructions shown in the link of my first reply, tell you everything. Here is the link once again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/import-export-dreamweaver-site-settings.html

If you first read under Export your site settings and then view the first 40 seconds of this video

https://youtu.be/UE1cTzqAWVc

The second part of the video shows the Import site settings.

And that is it, you are ready to run with Dreamweaver 2021

Please do not tell me that I am going through a time wasting exercise while trying to help you.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BenPleysier,

You have the patience of a saint 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that was directed at me – and not at Ben who deserves it –  I really don't have extrordiary patience, but what can I do when my ISP is not available during the weekend and I'm all set up in DW 2021 ready to go using all the old parameters, that I've double-checked, and still don't connect to the server.  I know it's probably just a click away from connecting and I can wait because I have nothing at all to upload to that server.  

In the meantime, what I discovered already about Big Sur is that it doesn't seem terribly friendly with 'drag and drop' probably because it's not a function of cell phones.  Also Apple is making it easier to hold your docs in their monotized Cloud which I refuse.  If they could, I think they would make saving to external HDs obsolete or they could buy out and close all the major HD manufacturers. Apple certainly has sufficient capital to do that.  That's what aquisitions are about these days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the SERVERS tab on left side of Site Setting panel to configure your remote server settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I have already done all that. All info from DW CS6 version was manually input to no avail. Let's hope my ISP will know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISP wasn't helpful as hoped. Am getting attached error message when trying to connect to my ISP. Perhaps someone can tell me how to unblock a firewall in DW CC.  Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISP = Internet Service Provider.

FTP = File Transfer Protocol (connecting to your web server).

Troubleshoot FTP Issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-ftp-issues-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• My ISP has verified that the screen shots of all my settings in Dreamweaver CC  are correct.

• Also, attached screenshot of Mac OS Montery shows correct firewall settings verified by Apple.  

Would appreicate it if someone has an idea as to why I am still unable to access my ISP and am getting the attached error message.  

Thank you for you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message says it all.

YOUR SERVER IS DOWN OR NOT ACCEPTING CONNECTIONS.

If you can't connect to your server, that's a hosting problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would tend to agree, but I am in drect contact with my ISP (the hands-on person) and I'm being told everything is fine from their end.  My ISP is recommending I by-pass DW and use a FileZilla ftp app.  Is that a viable option?  I scrapped DW CS6 when I moved up to Mac OS Monterey so I need to make this work or cancel my contract with Adobe and let my site remain frozen as it.  It's an option I am considering which I find quite amusing.  There is an end to everything.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FileZilla is a great S/FTP client for transferring files to and from your server.  I use it all the time because it's better for some things. 

If FileZilla can't connect, then you know something else is going on.  If it does work, then you have a good way to manage files on your server.  🙂

https://filezilla-project.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filezilla is a great option. It is free of charge and very powerful. I have it as a standby in case I cannot get a connection using Dreamweaver. Often Filezilla will come back with a different connection setting, This can then be applied to the Dreamweaver version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the solution to the problem is well known. For many years I had a good connection with my ISP using DW CS6. Now my ISP who was told I am using the current Adobe DW immediately informed me that ALL of his clients using DW now connect with Filezilla.  All this time, I have been made to feel incompetent or that there was an ISP problem.  Remember, I had to obtained the fix outside the Adobe Support Community, but when I mentioned it, everyone quickly chimed in.  

For the benfit of other DW clients not technical like myself, I HOPE YOU WILL NOT DELETE THIS REPLY that perhaps only an outsider is able to make. It will only save you time and trouble and end this long standing Adobe cover up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this time, I have been made to feel incompetent...   ... It will only save you time and trouble and end this long standing Adobe cover up. 

============

For many years you had legacy software running on an old operating system.  But all that changed when you upgraded to macOS Monterey. 

If you search through these forums, you'll find many, many times we've recommended FileZilla to fellow users who were having connection issues.  So this is neither a cover-up nor some secret conspiracy to keep you guessing.  

In any case, I'm glad you finally solved your connection problem.

Goodbye Biron.  And best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truth is too powerful so as I expected, you deleted my message.  

You may think Adobe has had the last word, but perhaps you should think again. 

REply to Adobe Help.png

the last word, but think again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truth is too powerful so as I expected, you deleted my message.  

You may think Adobe has had the last word, but perhaps you should think again. 

REply to Adobe Help.png

the last word, but think again. 

By @BIRON Photos

I am not sure which deleted message you are referring to. No one deletes messages unless they excede the rules of decency. There is no such issue with the posts that you have shown and the truth is that both posts still exist. 

As a side note, phrases in upper case equates to impolite yelling. I am sure that this was not your intention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following my previous post, how on earth did we end up here! The subject is

How to import websites from DW CS6 into DW 2021?

This has been answered yet you are having a problem connecting to the remote host.

The Internet Service Provider (ISP) connects you to the internet and has no direct influence on using File Transfer Protocol (FTP). 

Having said that, if you successfully connected to the FTP server using CS6, then there should be no problem doing the same when using CC21. The FTP client in Dreamweaver has only changed marginally since then. Certainly not to the extent that connections working in CS6 should be different when using CC21.

Truth be told, this is not a topic that should be discussed under the original subject line. There should be a separate topic for this.

I have marked this topic as answered and locked the conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines