Mac OS pop up for DW 64

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Adobe Experts,

Thanks for checking this "pop-up" out, pasted below============

I received a pop while starting DW on my Mac OS 64,

starting with "How do I check if an app is 32-bit or 64-bit?

I followed directions boring down for OS Mojave and got specific information for Adobe  "AAM Updates Notifier: "

I don't recall installing DW specifically for 64 bit.  If there was was an option I would have chosen 64 bit.

Does 'Creative Cloud' keep DW up to date check 32 and 64 bit software.  I start DW from the 'Creative Cloud' icon on my Mac menu bar.  Going on 6 months using this Mac, I never saw this pop-up until now.

I'm not sure what to do.  I would like the speed on 64 if I'm indeed using 32 DW.  Thanks in advance for all your help and support

========================================================================================

How do I check if an app is 32-bit or 64-bit?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac, then click the System Report button. From the system report, scroll down to Software in the sidebar, then select Applications. When you select an individual application, you will see a field titled 64-bit (Intel). “Yes" indicates 64-bit; “No" indicates 32-bit. If you're using macOS Mojave, select Legacy Software in the sidebar to see all applications that have not been updated to use 64-bit processes

AAM Updates Notifier:

Signer:                    Adobe Systems, Inc.

Last Used:              2019-02-07 03:20:07

Path:                      /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/UWA/AAM Updates Notifier.app/Contents/MacOS/AAM Updates Notifier

Team ID:                 JQ525L2MZD

Signing ID:              com.adobe.PDApp.AAMUpdatesNotifier

Signing Hash:         691947ef31060c524e1e40eb582e61d68e837984

Parent Process:       /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/UWA/AAM Updates Notifier.app/Contents/MacOS/AAM Updates Notifier

========================================================================================

UpdaterStartupUtility:

Signer:                    Adobe Systems, Inc.

Last Used:              2019-02-07 03:20:05

Path:                      /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/UWA/UpdaterStartupUtility

Team ID:                 JQ525L2MZD

Signing ID:              com.adobe.AAM.AdobeUpdaterStartupUtility

Signing Hash:         62fb5c2b49cfcc95155b75b6df2ebdf17b2e3f01

Parent Process:          /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/UWA/UpdaterStartupUtility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Begining in 2019,  Apple will stop supporting 32-bit apps on Mojave.  This is all part of the planned phase out.

What Apple's 32-bit app phase-out on Mojave means to you | Computerworld  

The most up to date version of DW is CC 19.0.1.  You can find out which version you have from the Help Menu > About Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Begining in 2019,  Apple will stop supporting 32-bit apps on Mojave.  This is all part of the planned phase out.

What Apple's 32-bit app phase-out on Mojave means to you | Computerworld  

The most up to date version of DW is CC 19.0.1.  You can find out which version you have from the Help Menu > About Dreamweaver.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines