• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make CC2019 look like CC 2015

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Dreamweaver CC 2015 for many years now as I much prefer the Code View interface to newer versions. It's stopped working now so am using CC 2019. I wonder if anyone knows how I can make the code and it's colours look the same as it did in the defualt options for CC 2015? Obviously I can no longer open 2015 to ee what it looked like but was a lot less confusing. I work moslty on HTML code for emails so am not proficient in all that dreamweaver offers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can customize Dreamweaver to use any color scheme that you want ( https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/customize-code-coloring.html ).  Personally speaking, I wish DW had a better way to find themes so what I have done is download Brackets (  http://brackets.io ) and use it's Extension finder to browse for themes.  There is a web version, but it's not as easily searchable via the web ( https://registry.brackets.io ).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ben_M said, find a Brackets theme you can live with and use that as your starting point.  I got mine from GitHub.

https://brackets-themes.github.io/

Dreamweaver was completely rebuilt in 2017 with a new code engine based on Brackets.  For this reason, code colors will never be exactly the same as in pre-2017 versions. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. Any idea what brackets theme most closely resembles CC 2015 at all then? I've looked through but can't see anything, surely someone must have written one? The main thing I want to change are the colons and semicolons ':' ';' within the code as they are currently the same colour as the code for say 'font-style' 'font-weight' etc (No idea what these are called in the main.less file so don't know what to change. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the default code theme in Dreamweaver CC 2015 - is it the one called 'Classic' ?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure Paul as I can no longer open CC 2015 but yes I suspect that's it. The Classic in 2019 doesn't resemble it at all apart from being on light background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Dreeamweaver 2020 installed and the classic theme does have different colour semi-colons in CSS code, which I think is what you're referring to? I couldn't tell you honestly how different the rest of the colouring is to the classic theme in CC 2015. Code colouring customisation via Dreamweaver preferences is in the pipeline and should be available in a future version. If you can't wait you'll need to create your own theme based on the classic theme  and then edit the main.less file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour-Examples.jpgHere are samples of what I have currently (CC 2019) and what I had previously in CC 2015 you can see it differs quite a bit. Colours of the Semi colons you can see are different as well as the highlight colour it's just much clearer to see what is what. I know you can alter these with the main.less doc but not knowing what the various elements are called I have no idea what to change. as mentioned I just work on html emails as you can see here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these rules below would colour html tags attributes and attribute values, you'd need to clone the classic theme and then edit it look for the section underneath  /* HTML Specific Code Colouring */ and chnage the colours as desired - I'm working in Dreamweaver 2020 BTW:

.cm-tag {
color: #283bbe;
}

.cm-attribute {
color: #e4b2e4;

}
.cm-property {
color: #283bbe;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanjks Paul, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I changed all the colours in the 3 you've shown above to bright pink so I could see immediately what it does and nothing changed. It's almost as if something is over-riding the colours. I'm starting to think I'll never get it looking how it used to and yet it seems such a simple request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 17.10.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you putting your new rules at the at the bottom of the less file, then you'll need to override specific rules for HTML if you're working mainly in HTML files, so for example:

/* Custom code colors or overrides should start after this line */
.HTML {
	.cm-tag {
		color: lime;
	}
	.cm-attribute {
		color: deeppink;
	}
	.cm-string {
		color: orangered;
	}
}

Your best bet is to study the main.less file's existing rules to get an idea of the options, then you can add your own overrides and see which parts of your code they affect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines