Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Buttons and sub-menus

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Can anyone please direct me to a good tutorial to teach me how to add buttons with a sub-mnu list of links to a website...

I have CC and the latest Dreamweaver, but I have no idea how to do this in the latest version.

In CS6, there are some notes to help me...

But, using 2018 CC, the sub-menu does not seem to show up to either work or to show in the properties bar....

Thanks in advance...

Glen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

These tutorials work for all versions of Dreamweaver from CS3 to CC 2019:

Adaptive Menu Magic for Dreamweaver: Tutorials

And although the tutorials were written using Adaptive Menu Magic as the basis, the same techniques will work for any of our menu tools.

That said, it is always advisable to consider Includes and DWT before Library Items.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver never really had its own tool for creating quality menus. With CC Adobe has added the third-party CSS and script libraries called Bootstrap, but it is really bloated and very hard for non-coders to even understand. Your best bet would be a menu extension, which my company does produce:

Responsive Web Design Extensions, Apps, Add-ons and Plugins for Dreamweaver

Beyond that, there are a few Bootstrap fans around here that can help you if you want to do things yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALsp.
Thanks.
I am looking at one of your tutorials, but it shows about making it a "Library" item.
Does it still support Library items ?
I have terrible trouble recently trying to put a library item of text links on to pages.
I recall from the past that Library items do not support things like Roll over image stuff.
And, when ever I have tried to use a library item, it keeps telling me that I have an error... (you know, that little green tick becomes a red X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These tutorials work for all versions of Dreamweaver from CS3 to CC 2019:

Adaptive Menu Magic for Dreamweaver: Tutorials

And although the tutorials were written using Adaptive Menu Magic as the basis, the same techniques will work for any of our menu tools.

That said, it is always advisable to consider Includes and DWT before Library Items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ALsp.
Glen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ALsp  wrote

Agreed.  I never liked Library Items.

If your hosting won't support .shtml or .php includes, then DW Templates are OK for a 20-50 page static site. 

How to design web pages based on Dreamweaver templates

Alt-Web Design & Publishing: Working With Dreamweaver Templates (.dwt files)

For larger sites however, server-side technologies are highly recommended.   I use Server-Side Includes on every project, big and small.

Alt-Web Design & Publishing: Server-Side Includes with PHP

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines