• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menus.xml bug

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a MacBook Air purchased 2014/15 (OS High Sierra 10.13.2)  Dreamweaver present this bug, and even following this dialogue box suggestion, the problem persists. Please advise of a sure fix ASAP.

Marshall Gisser

CEO, NYDesign.com

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 8.25.49 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

For those having the same issue with the recent major update (DW 2020).
Here is what solved the problem for me (sorry for the translation, french apps) :

• Open menus.xml with Notepad++
  • Hit keys Ctrl + F
  • Click Replace tab
  • Insert && in search
  • Insert && in Replace by
  • Hit Replace all button
  • Save the file

When i restarted DW, everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use a previous version of DW?  2017 or even 2015?

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the previous 2017 version....same bug occurred.

Note: This occurs only on MacBook Air purchased 2014...not my 2011 (Spring) iMac Desktop running the same OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: This occurs only on MacBook Air purchased 2014...not my 2011 (Spring) iMac Desktop running the same OS.

Must admit I have not seen this bug.

I'm running DW CC 2018 on High Sierra 10.3.2 on a mid-2013 MacBook Air. Wonder if there's any difference compared to a 2014 model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Team;  Are high level technical staff working on this? Cab I get a technician to come onto my MacBook Air and at least get my Dreamweaver app working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link that I provided is the quickest route to reach the support team.

If you would like me to raise a support case, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

If you would like to save time and do some of the initial troubleshooting yourself, see DIY troubleshooting kit for Dreamweaver

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need help, I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care for assistance. Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem. I followed the instructions in the menus.xml error message and that did not fix it. I also deinstalled the DW 2018 and installed 2 earlier versions. Both had the same error message. DW will not open and I'm a deadline. Please help!

iMac late 2012, processor 3.4 GHZ Intel Core i7 (just had a new hard drive installed) OSX el Capitan ver 10.11.6.

BTW-All of the other Adobe CC apps are opening and working (tho sadly I could not resurrect Fireworks due to an unresolved  javascript error).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the CC Cleaner Tool before re-installing?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try this tonight.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Nancy OShea <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and this did not fix the problem.

There is some kind of conflict. Running the Cleaner tool did not help. Now I have to reinstall everything. This is a waste of my time.

Please help.

Margie Schnibbe

[personal info removed by Mod, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know that it did not fix your problem when you had not even re-installed the application?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE:

How do you know that it did not fix your problem when you had not even re-installed the application?

This is an arrogant response! Do you think I’m an idiot?

Of course I re-installed Dreamweaver. And received the same error message. The cleaner fix is the not the correct solution. I’ve had issues before with other Adobe programs crashing and Adobe historically has never provided the correct fix. I will google for more solutions from my peers. Or perhaps I will revert to writing my HTML code via text edit. Such a shame when I am paying $50 a month for an Adobe CC subscription and cannot even make a simple update to my website because of the Dreamweaver app crashing. All of my other CC apps are working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I misread your statement which makes me the idiot.

Running the Cleaner tool did not help. Now I have to reinstall everything.

I now realise that you need to install the other Adobe products.

The reason the Cleaner tool solution is given is because it has helped others. Because you are on an Apple system, I assume it is more of a system associated problem.

I found the following solution from Niharika Gupta

The first solution would be to clean all preferences and then relaunch DW.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then you need to check the permissions. Please follow the steps below-

1. goto ~/library/Application Support/Adobe
2. Right click on Dreamweaver CC 2017 folder and select Get Info
3. unlock the window
4. In Sharing & Permissions section, change the permission of staff from "Read only" to "Read & Write"
5. Close the window and launch DW now- it launches

Please let us know if you still face issues.

Regards,
Niharika Gupta
Adobe Dreamweaver

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margie,

Did the support team get in touch with you? I see that your case was picked.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Yes some people have been offering possible fixes. So far nothing has worked yet. (Running the cleaner, adding permissions, downloading earlier versions, restarting etc. ) Later today I will work on clearing any possible old preferences. I will also call the Apple repair folks who recently replaced my hard drive to see if they have suggestions. I’m wondering if there might be some corrupted file lingering somewhere that is preventing a clean download. One strange thing is that (after downloading Dreamweaver) there is no Dreamweaver folder in my application support folder although there are folders in there for my other Adobe CC programs. Thanks for reaching out! Margie

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, this is a recurring issue. What can you do to help me?

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 5.46.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nyds0806  wrote

Preran, this is a recurring issue. What can you do to help me?

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 5.46.13 PM.png

This appears to be a Photoshop question and not a Dreamweaver question. 

Please re-post your question in the Photoshop Forum  where the PS experts will see it.  Also give your OS and PS version.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Someone from Adobe called me and left a voice mail because I was unavailable. They did not leave a call back number but said they will call again tomorrow.

Thank you

Margie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an older post with the same problem and followed all of the steps posted: permissions, preferences, Cleaner Tool.

I tried running Cleaner Tool again (just for DW) but I don't think it actually did anything - after I clicked "Cleanup now" nothing seemed to happen (other than the de-install of DW). When I reinstalled Dreamweaver I still have the menus.xml error and Dreamweaver crash. This is for DW 2018. I had no problems with earlier versions before my hard drive died.  Recently I had my hard drive replaced and had to reinstall CC. And as I mentioned in a previous post, I installed earlier versions of DW on this computer with the new hard drive and still got the same error message and crash. My other CC 2018 programs are opening fine.  I talked to the Apple tech folks who replaced my hard drive and they said it is not an Apple hardware issue it is an Adobe issue. I'm using OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 on an iMac (late 2012). Maybe an upgrade to High Sierra fix this DW issue? But why am I only having a problem with Dreamweaver and not the other CC programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Apple replaced your hard drive, did they try to move old program files onto the new hard drive?  That rarely if ever works. 

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy- Thanks for your continued help & interest!

My old program files were not copied to the new drive. I have them on external drives. I had to install the new CC and  BTW I am mourning the loss of my beloved Fireworks.  I tried downloading an older version of FW as well as the suggested plugin (something java - don't recall). Anyway it did not work. So now I'll just have to revert to using the Fireworks  MX (ver6) on my old G5.

And unless I can work out how to fix this DW 2018 conflict I'll have to use my old DW MX too and suffer the lack of HTML 5. Everything else works fine though. The G5 is a tank. I just don't use it to go online due to security issues. It's too old for that. Margie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those having the same issue with the recent major update (DW 2020).
Here is what solved the problem for me (sorry for the translation, french apps) :

• Open menus.xml with Notepad++
  • Hit keys Ctrl + F
  • Click Replace tab
  • Insert && in search
  • Insert &amp;&amp; in Replace by
  • Hit Replace all button
  • Save the file

When i restarted DW, everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci merci merci, this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines