• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My websites have vanished in Dreamweaver 2021

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been maintaining 3 websites, two since CS4.  The "manage sites" window in DW 2021 is empty.  How can I retrieve my websites?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the older version of the program installed, and your site files are on your local machine, you can open the old version and go to Site > Manage Sites > Export to create .ste files for your site settings. Close the old version and open the new one, then go to Site > Manage Sites > Import to bring the .STE settings over.

If you don't have access to the older version, but you do have your site files saved locally, you will need to create new sites in DW under Site > New... then use the existing site folders for the Local Root Directory and re-enter your FTP information manually.

If you don't have the old version of the program, and you don't have the files saved locally, you will need to create a new, blank site with an empty root directory on your hard drive. You then enter the FTP information and save. Open the Files window and choose the Get option (down arrow icon) to download a copy of your site from your server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively if this is the same computer and you recently upgraded or you have access to the original computer, you can still grab the files directly without DW: 

Mac --> Library:Application Support:Adobe:Common:{Version}:Sites:Site Prefs

Win --> Registery --> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Common\{Version}\Sites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any chance, did you export your sites (STE from any version of DW) or synchronize Dreamweaver with the Cloud (only if between CS4 and 2021 you had an intermediate version)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance for STE files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must define your sites in new Dreamweaver.  Either from previously exported STE files or by manually creating them.  Site > New Site...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yo... come on @Nancy OShea ... you are simply repeating without adding anything to what @Jon Fritz  , @Ben M  , @L e n a  , and I are already answering in the four previous comments... why so much noise in threads that are already mostly verbose, did I missed something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I'm offending you.  I often don't see other replies until I after I post.  No harm, no foul... 💘

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not offended, I've known you for a while, but when one post and read that Nancy is loudly responding exactly the same answers as others without adding to the thread, it makes the forum look individualistic, and takes away from the community spirit.

to complete what said @foo, is a way very engaging in a group spirit

It can happen sometimes not to pay attention, to be quick... but several times in a row on various forums, that make me posted this comment... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines