• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help am super beginner never done this before!!

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello My name is Pam and I just installed Adobe Dream weaver and I have no clue what I am doing I watched tutorials but only got one thing done: Naming my website!!

I need step by step instructions!

I want to make a website to sell my Antique things, I am having a problem figuring out what step is nex can anyone help???

Thank you,

Pam Z

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

It's  a big step for a beginner but you could begin simple by using Paypal 'Buy Now' buttons as the payment gateway/workflow, which isn't so difficult to set up but that seems a long way off if you are trying to build a website without any prior skills in html/css/ecommerce

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Sell your antiques on eBay or Etsy instead.  They already have the infrastructure in place so you're not re-inventing the wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam, welcome to our world. 

When you start Dreamweaver you can choose `Learn` from the menu. This will give you a multitude of learning activities.

BenPleysier_0-1608260407569.png

Have fun!

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben: Thank you so much!!!
Have a safe and Happy Holiday season!!!
Pam Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver by itself is not enough to create a webshop.

The next step would be to learn HTML and CSS. But to actually set up a webshop requires far more technical knowledge and skills than just simple HTML and CSS. If you are a beginner it will take you a few months up to six months to become familiar with HTML and CSS, let alone the other skills involved.

If this sounds too daunting a task, I would suggest using a service like Wix, or install Wordpress on your web space (all major webhosts offer a one-click Wordpress installation option nowadays), select a nice looking theme, and install the WooCommerce plugin. You will have a quite nice looking webshop up and running within a week.

Of course, you will still have to learn how to use WordPress, but it is pretty simple compared to developing a site from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the advice, I will look into it!!!
Merry Christmas and on to a better, healthier, safer New Year!!
Pam Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's  a big step for a beginner but you could begin simple by using Paypal 'Buy Now' buttons as the payment gateway/workflow, which isn't so difficult to set up but that seems a long way off if you are trying to build a website without any prior skills in html/css/ecommerce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, yes I love computers and am techy but I am finding that
this is something far more than I have ever done.
Have a great Holiday Season and be safe!
Pam Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sell your antiques on eBay or Etsy instead.  They already have the infrastructure in place so you're not re-inventing the wheel.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nancy: I tried to sell on ebay but there are a lot of scammers on there,
and also Facebook Marketplace I got no responses.
I am at a loss but I know I am not that savvy to make my very own coding, I
have never done it!
Thanks for your recommendations!
Happy Holidays and stay safe,
Pam Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines