Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help converting cms pages to Dreamweaver friendly html pages

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Over the past year we have tinkered wtih CMS based systems in order to modernize our aging site.  And like what we came up with.  Yet, limitations of CMS based systems like MOTO-CMS  poses huge hurdles moving forward.  

Instead, I hope to find a gifted independent Dreamweaver skilled designer who could replicate one or more of our CMS pages to fully functional Dreamweaver friendly html pages. All I need is one fully functional Dreamweaver compatible HTML page then we will be off to the races.  

If interested, please drop me a message so I can send you links to the old and new pages, and expand a bit on what we need done.  

Sincerely,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMS platforms are typically way more flexible then using Dreamweaver. Exactly what types of limitations were you running into?

If you still want to have a page in Dreamweaver, it's just an HTML editor so as long as you can view the source, it's just a matter of copy/paste to make it work.  Again, because of how CMS platforms are typically structured in that you have global header/footer, etc. it may just mean copying/pasting those pieces together into a single document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...   thanks for responding.   The problem with CMS is the complexity of our products, which range from simple half day tours, to 3 week adventures with lots of options.    With each product group or tour being vastly different from each other.  Which is why a cookie cutter type CMS system doesn't work for us.     As sadly, we aren't selling widgets.   

HTML remains our best option.    Key is getting someone to replicate our CMS layout as close as possible in Dreamweaver HTML, for easy content generation.   

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML remains our best option.    Key is getting someone to replicate our CMS layout as close as possible in Dreamweaver HTML, for easy content generation.   

Tom

By @TVH25

This is a bit of an oxymoron, because just HTML will not handle serverside content management systems. Please provide a better dscription of the system where a link to the current site will be of great help.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did I understood correctly,

you want to export all your >CMS as standalone HTML page ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TVH25,

I've never heard of MOTO-CMS so I cannot comment on it either way.  But I'm guessing whoever set up your site initially didn't create a scalable custom solution that could grow with your business.  And that's why you're struggling with it now.  Your CMS is inadequate perhaps but HTML alone is NO solution.  In fact, it would be very counterproductive to revert from a dynamic, database-driven site to static web pages when all you really need is a better CMS.

One's skills with Dreamweaver are irrelevant, BTW.  You need an experienced programmer who can take your current data and port it into a new content management system.  From what little you've shared so far, I'm guessing WordPress with a premium travel & tourism theme would do what you need and much, much more. 

In the interest of economy, you can post a free job ad on Adobe Talent and Behance.

https://www.behance.net/joblist?search=Web%20Developer&country=US

https://www.behance.net/adobetalent

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and Good Day Nancy,

Agreed, it is time to give up on our 20+ year old html site and move
forward.   Which is what I am planning on doing, most likely through WIX.

Sincerely,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most likely through WIX.Sincerely,Tom
By @TVH25

From the boiling water into the fire. Great solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy bat guano, Batman!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed...   but so far nobody seems willing or able to replicate our current blended template pages that include a mix of CMS and HTML code.  We need at least one Dreamweaver friendly HTML template page that looks and functions like our current template page page.  Sadly, it doesn't work so well within Dreamweaver, as it contains too much gibberish moto-cms code.

Best option is to hiring someone to replicate at least one page that is 100% Dreamweaver friendly.    So I can move on with the much needed update.  

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask why you even want to replicate a 20 year old website?  This is your opportunity to get rid of it once and for all. What worked for you 20 years ago doesn't necessarily work today.  Too much has changed. 

Start over fresh with a mobile / tablet-friendly site that's built to modern web standards.  Any competent developer can do that with or without Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the MOTO, WIX (and similar) model

BenPleysier_0-1616890641792.png

This is the expandable model

BenPleysier_1-1616890724145.png

In other words, there is no way that your existing code can be translated into Dreamweaver.

Previously, I have asked for more info regarding the current site so that we can be of more assistance. Your reaction is to go against the grain and even mentioned going WIX. I wish you the best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines