Ok to uninstall previous Dreamweavers ?

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it ok to uninstall a previous version of DW? I have multiple DW versions now. I am afraid it's overloading my Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

It's definitely ok.  I usually do it a little bit after the new version is installed in case there are any issues.  However, only programs that are running that cause your computer to become slow or overloaded.  Unfortunately with modern Macs you cannot upgrade the memory once you purchase the computer so I don't know what your options outside of trying to stop programs from being actively running on your computer.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Each version of Dreamweaver takes up around 2GB or less of actual hard drive space. As Ben mentions, unless they're running (only 1 version can be run at any given time) there's no danger that they'll somehow overload your system. I personally have 2-4 versions of every Adobe program I use installed on my testing system without issue.

The only thing I can think to mention is, when Adobe releases a dot release, say going from version 20.0 to 20.1, the second will overwrite the first when it's inst

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely ok.  I usually do it a little bit after the new version is installed in case there are any issues.  However, only programs that are running that cause your computer to become slow or overloaded.  Unfortunately with modern Macs you cannot upgrade the memory once you purchase the computer so I don't know what your options outside of trying to stop programs from being actively running on your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of Dreamweaver takes up around 2GB or less of actual hard drive space. As Ben mentions, unless they're running (only 1 version can be run at any given time) there's no danger that they'll somehow overload your system. I personally have 2-4 versions of every Adobe program I use installed on my testing system without issue.

The only thing I can think to mention is, when Adobe releases a dot release, say going from version 20.0 to 20.1, the second will overwrite the first when it's installed. Full version releases (for example 15.0 and 21.0) can exist at the same time on the same machine, without being overwritten.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ditto to what Ben and Jon said. 

I'll just add that if you use old 3rd party extensions, they might not work with the latest versions of DW. 

And owing to the version policy, pre-2019 versions are no longer available from your CC Desktop app.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines