• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panache: A New Animation Engine for Dreamweaver

Mentor ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A responsive and adaptive animation builder for Dreamweaver. Fully automated, totally cool. Coming soon. See an example of what you'll be able to design... in minutes:

Panache -Dev 9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks pretty interesting.

Are any CSS properties capable of animation "animatable" within it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing transition css with transforms.

Is it limited to transitions or does it also use css keyframe rules with the animation property?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now there are no keyframes. The timing is controlled by data attributes, with which delay time and animation duration can be set. We're thinking that users are not going to want to reverse animations, so keyframes are not in the equation right now. As it evolves, though, we might add multi-stage animations, which could work off keyframes... or scripted class changes. Scripting provides a more precise time slice, by the way, than pure CSS. What the script also does, is stage the "imploding" characters (or words) into discreet spans at runtime, which is the only way that type of animation can run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animations are CSS based and can be edited and customized by power users. The UI we deliver in Dreamweaver will allow for full orchestration in terms of timing: Delays and Durations. It's kind of like the old Dreamweaver timeline - but thoroughly modern. Workflow would involve right-clicking or selecting any element on your page, then opening the UI to assign an animation, as well as selecting the overflow container from a list of elements on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this will appeal to former Musers who liked animation widgets.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I think this will appeal to former Musers who liked animation widgets.

I don't know if it will appeal to just Muse users, the css transitions panel in Dw was never very good. Used correctly even Dw users will find a more comprehensive UI helpfull.

The biggest problem with css transforms, transitions and animations has always been creating what one requires. The only app that came close for me was Googles css designer, but it does not create all the css required, so if PVII's extension helps in any way, (even without keyframes) I would welcome it.

The only thing that concerns me though, is the over use of css effects, as there is a very fine line between good and bad effects. Hopefully users will at least read and apply the twelve principles of animations by Disney.

https://www.creativebloq.com/advice/understand-the-12-principles-of-animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only thing that concerns me though, is the over use of css effects, as there is a very fine line between good and bad effects.

We try to put best practices tips into our docs, to prevent "overuse" of certain widgets. But sometimes we do see some interesting examples. I'm thinking a character implode animation on a 300-word paragraph would be kind of interesting. But in the hands of a good designer the effects can be engaging. It's all about restraint... and panache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines