• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panel placed on second monitor won't stay put

Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED TO ADD: Two days later, inexplicably, the panel on the second screen stayed on the second screen. There had been no hardware or software changes, no driver updates. But now it works as expected.

Hmm. Edited AGAIN to note that the panel on the second monitor no longer appears on the second monitor. Adobe is just "funning" with me, eh? Minor annoyance. Not resolved.

After buying a new computer, I'm having a small problem with Dreamweaver. Two monitors are attached to the computer and I have placed one of Dreamweaver's windows (Assets, Snippets, Insert, and a few other items) on the second monitor. I defined a new workspace with this arrangement, but when I open Dreamweaver, the panel that should be on the second monitor is back on the primary monitor.

Also, if I choose another workspace and then switch back to my preferred workspace, the panel returns to the primary monitor.

This worked properly on my old computer. It's not a huge probelm. After all, I can just drag the panel where I want it. But it is annoying. What should I do to to resolve this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

There was a configuration issue with Windows Search that created a problem for TechSmith's SnagIt. Fixing that issue corrected the problem with SnagIt.

Additionally, since fixing the problem with Search, Dreamweaver's second-monitor panels open as expected on the second monitor.

I don't see the connection or the logic and it's unclear that there is any connection; but, as they say, it is what it is.

Working now as expectedWorking now as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dreamweaver?

Which operating system?

Are both monitors using the same video card?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nancy,

Here are the specs:

Dreamweaver 21.1

Windows 11

Both monitors are on an Nvidia RTX A3000 GPU with 6GB of RAM via a Thunderbolt 3 to dual HDMI adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must defer to other users as I don't use Windows 11.  Also it's NOT mentioned in DW's system requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a configuration issue with Windows Search that created a problem for TechSmith's SnagIt. Fixing that issue corrected the problem with SnagIt.

Additionally, since fixing the problem with Search, Dreamweaver's second-monitor panels open as expected on the second monitor.

I don't see the connection or the logic and it's unclear that there is any connection; but, as they say, it is what it is.

Working now as expectedWorking now as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines