• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF file reported orphaned when it isn't

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file linked on one of my pages and when I run the Check Links Sitewide report, it comes back as showing the PDF file as orphaned. Why is that?

I checked the link manually. I clicked on the link and it works. I don't understand why it reports the file as being orphaned.

The PDF file is in the same folder as the HTML file, so I don't have a path in the link to the PDF file.

I searched the bulletin board to find an answer and didn't see anything posted that addressed this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Nothing appears wrong with the code.  I was initially thinking your link was an absolute reference in which case DW might not have seen the linkage.  I did run your code through the validator and ended up with a lot of results.  I think one of the errors in validation in the code may be causing the link not to be recognized.  I would recommend going through the errors and fixing them.

https://validator.w3.org

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the link code with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.watsonworld.org/hemophilia/index.htm

It's the link "right knee"

Thank you for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crud. I just got what you meant. You didn't want the hyperlink. I attached 2 jpegs in my original post. One is a screenshot of the html code and the other is a screenshot of the report window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing appears wrong with the code.  I was initially thinking your link was an absolute reference in which case DW might not have seen the linkage.  I did run your code through the validator and ended up with a lot of results.  I think one of the errors in validation in the code may be causing the link not to be recognized.  I would recommend going through the errors and fixing them.

https://validator.w3.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will take a look at that. I appreciate your time going through my code!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't know about the validator. What a great tool!

The problem was that the filename had a space in it. I fixed that and the file is no longer reported as being orphaned. Thank you!!

Now...to deal with the other errors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines