• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please, please, can you provide a downloadable version of Dreamweaver without all the problems?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost probably a hundred hours this year watching spinning wheels, restarting the program, copying code to new files to "save as" so that I can start working again Dreamweaver. I never had these issues with the desktop versions.  Is there any way just to get an old disk version that is compatible with Windows 10? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Worldwide sales & distribution of Creative Suite disks ended in 2017.  And for what it's worth, I don't have any problems using Creative Cloud products on Win 10 with latest updates.

• Which anti-virus and firewall do you have?
  • Are you able to connect to the Microsoft Store?
  • Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode?
  • Did you try creating a new Windows user account that has full administrative level permissions?
  • Have you reached out to Adobe support via online chat?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy I'm aware that disks ended but I really miss them. I never had the multitude of issues I've had with the CC versions.  If you're not having issues that's great, but I've had a ton.  It's very time consuming to go through all of the lists of troubleshooting suggestions after already dealing with frozen screens, shutdowns, inability to save files, etc. I see these issues on forums but it's unsatisfying that Adobe asks their users to find their own answers via forums, Google and Youtube, involving answers like repairing and recreating files. I re-installed some of the programs so many times, I made a cheat sheet for resetting my preferences.  These bugs should be worked out by the provider - end users shouldn't be asked to do so much work to help the programs function correctly, IMHO.  I lost an entire Saturday of productivity (for work due Monday morning, had to use Notepad) and was on chat all day, only to find the real help center was closed.  The next week I spoke with an Adobe rep who even took control of my computer but ultimately couldn't determine the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can't save files that's not a DW problem.  That's a system or hardware problem. Take your machine in for professional servicing. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines