• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing on server, NOT locally - 18.2

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved F12, but I know it's no longer used to upload and preview in a single step.

All I want to be able to do is see a file on the server. The real server, not a live preview or a local file. Make a minor change, hit a key, see it live. Wasted so much time on this I went back to DreamWeaver CS6 for simple edits.

If I right click on the file name in the files list (on remote server) and click "Open in Browser" it opens the index file every time - not the file I selected. If I right-click on the file tab and preview in browser, I get a display of the local file (file:///G:/Websites/whatever/test.html). Occasionally the same thing will open 127.0.0.1 server instance.

How do I simply see the file live with a click or shortcut? You know - open a site, fix a typo, upload and see the change? NOT view it live on Adobe servers - that often show a file I deleted an hour earlier and not the file I want. Not a local file. Not the WRONG file. Just the real website with the changed file.

What is so difficult about this? If I right click on as file on the remote server and select "preview in browser", to actually preview it in the browser, from the server.

I've used Dreamweaver for over a decade. Probably longer. Ready to go back to CS6 permanently. At least it still supports Cold Fusion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

I don't understand why you need DW to view a remote file.  Just open your browser to the remote site's URL.   If you prefer using CS6, keep using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand why you need DW to view a remote file.  Just open your browser to the remote site's URL.   If you prefer using CS6, keep using it. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines