Question about Dreamweaver Functionality

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this program and I'm wondering if Dreamweaver can help create a desktop app, not a website. Is that possible? If it isn't are there any alternatives? I've been using Adobe XD and just realized that I need another application to code up an application or an actual developer to code it for me. Thoughts? Help would be greatly ppreciated. Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need a specialized developer.

DW can help you code whatever you want, for the internet, but even then you have to bring the coding knowledge to the party yourself. It's basically a glorified text editor with some site management functions, and third party bolt-on extras built into it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's like saying I'm going to build a boat...   What type of boat?  Is the boat to be used on rivers, lakes or open seas?   

Similarly, there are many different types of apps for various devices & on various operating systems.  You need to be a lot more specific about what you have in mind. 

As @Jon Fritz II said, DW is merely a coding tool.  Your success with any tool will depend on your coding skills and what you're trying to build.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is a desktop app that you want to create, then you can use Capacitor

Wappler makes this very easy, especially for newbies. Start a new project 

BenPleysier_0-1647388629583.png

and you are ready to go

BenPleysier_1-1647388673003.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines