• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question About Real Time Preview

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through tutorial videos, I see people using the Real Time Preview and not having this issue. Not sure what could be causing it.

Every so often, the Real Time Preview window in the browser stops working and says

"Save all the files (including related files) to preview."

Is there some setting that I have not checked that will make it stop having to manually save all the time in order to keep the Real Time Preview functioning ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real time preview is hit and  miss .... I would change the setting to 'default to static browser preview' in edit >preferences > real-time preview then just manually refresh the browser ... I've had more success using LiveReload along with the Firefox plugin

default_static.jpg

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RTP is a nice feature in theory, but in execution, it's flawed.

That flakeyness that Paul mentions, in concert with the fact that it requires a connection to Adobe's servers in order to function, stops me from trying to get it to work anymore.

Switching to Static Preview, what the old Preview in Browser has been renamed to, allows me to keep my work on my machine and not need to rely on Adobe's server up-time in order to do my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your question, no.  Saving often is necessary for RTP to work. 

I 2nd Paul's and Jon's sentiments.  Real-Time Preview doesn't play nice with my local testing server, so I don't use it.  I use Open in Browser instead.  Save changes often with Ctrl/Cmd + S and refresh browser.

When I need to test on other devices, I use my local server's IP address which replaces any need for Device Preview on Adobe's servers.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines