• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Access to :temp.html" error

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message at least half of the time I startup Dreamweaver or switch to a different site definition:

"Access to :temp.html was denied"

I click "OK" (the only option in the warning box). Sometimes I have to do that twice. Then, everything works great. Perhaps I should just ignore it, but I keep worrying that someday it will become a real problem! Any thoughts?

Dreamweaver 19.0 (Build 11193), Mac OS X Sierra (10.12.6).

The "warning box" has a Dreamweaver symbol on it. There is not a file named "temp.html" in the site folder. I think this problem existed before updating to version 19, not 100% sure.... but I think it did.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Thanks for the help Preran, I will save it "just in case".

I seem to have fixed the problem. I realized I only had the problem if I started Dreamweaver with either of two specific sites open. If any other site was active (or if no site was active) on launch I had no problems. I do have about 30 sites I work on! I dumped the site definitions for those two problem sites (and then rebuilt them) and now everything is running perfect. I've opened and closed and changed sites about 20 times, not one er

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know anything about a Mac OS, but I do believe that a problem with ownership of files often occurs. I also believe that the problem could be caused by ownership permission.

Again, not sure how this works on a Mac, perhaps you could delve into that yourself.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sense, I have run Mac disk utility (First Aid) which reported no problems. I also have "Onyx" and did a permissions repair. That always seems to find odds and ends, but nothing to do with Dreamweaver.

I do have "Preferences > Real Time Preview > Preview with Temp File" turned off.

Where would Dreamweaver write "temp.html" files to (on a Mac)? If I knew that, I could manualy check permissions for that folder.

Thanks Ben!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran​ may be able to help.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ben.

Tom: Can you try doing a clean install of your software after uninstalling with the Creative Cloud Cleaner? Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Reinstall Dreamweaver, and let us know if you continue to face issues.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Preran, I will save it "just in case".

I seem to have fixed the problem. I realized I only had the problem if I started Dreamweaver with either of two specific sites open. If any other site was active (or if no site was active) on launch I had no problems. I do have about 30 sites I work on! I dumped the site definitions for those two problem sites (and then rebuilt them) and now everything is running perfect. I've opened and closed and changed sites about 20 times, not one error!

I've never seen this before and it doesn't appear in Google searches... most be an odd and obscure issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS, there was also a site definition that lead to a site I no long work on. I had deleted the folder for the site, but no the definition. That usually causes Dreamweaver to throw an error, but it wasn't. I deleted that definition as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines