• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Attach File" Pop-up Window size

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm re-designing via CSS a popular HelpDesk Software hosted on my server.

There's a portion on the end-user portal where they can "Attach File"

Clicking that button creates a Pop-up window with "Browse" and "Upload".

We have a lot of older end-users, so I changed the buttons/text on that Pop-up Window dialogue for "Browse" and "Upload" to be bigger, and now the window isn't big enough, and they have to scroll or resize the window to see the "Upload" button. Since I always design for the least computer savvy individuals, I'd like to resize that window.

I'm thinking it's not in CSS, but maybe someone in this forum would know exactly where to start looking?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. This is NOT a Dreamweaver question.

2.  No.  Without knowing which Help Desk you're using or how it's put together, there's no way to know if what you want to do is even possible.  

3. Check your server software's documentation.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely in the CSS if it is web-based. CSS controls all styling. First, what are you using? Second, can we see what is going on? If we can't see what is going on, best advice we can give is to right click on the object to open the Inspector window in your browser. From there you can see what styles are affecting your button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modal Window size is probably controlled by JavaScript or other helper scripts, not CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, without seeing the code, it is pretty complex to propose a solution, or bring any help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I completely spaced on that! Here's what the button calls:

<a target="attachmentWindow" onclick="javascript&colon;window.open('/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wo/956.21.0.5.3.19.1.3','attachmentWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,top=250,left=250,width=350,height=175'); return false" href="/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wo/956.21.0.5.3.19.1.3" class="roundRectButton"><div class="panelButton">Add File</div>
</a>

I can't seem to figure out where I can edit this, as I do not believe (/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wo/956.21.0.5.3.19.1.3) to be a directory on the server. It's definitely something I've no experience with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have access to the anchor tag, it's as plain as the nose on your face. 

width=350,height=175  and that's pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines