• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Tab" isn't creating a new row in my table

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might just be losing it, but I have a table that I am continuously adding new rows to. Now, I'm pretty sure I've always put the cursor on the last cell, hit "tab" and a new row appeared. This is not working today and I'd like to know why. I could insert a row, that's an option with right-click. But "add" a row is not. So of course, because it's 4:50 pm and I would really like to be done with this, I'm just copy-pasting the last row and editing the content of the cells. But I don't like not knowing why something doesn't work and maybe it's because I'm working on a teeny tiny laptop at home instead of my beautiful computer at the office, but I don't think so? Please help before I throw things. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Okay, I think I found it. Not sure why, but there was a misplaced <tr> about halfway through the table. It wasn't showing as a error, and the table was visually fine. BUT, when I put the <tr> where it belonged, "tab" for new row started working. [Insert shrugging emoji]

I do appreciate you both actually reading through and corresponding with me on this problem -- thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have that problem!

BenPleysier_0-1589322883016.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

table-problems.png

I am not sure what your screen shot is meant to imply? I'm hoping you can clarify, because otherwise I have to "update preferences," which actually entails contacting my admin (I'm working from home on a laptop and they declined to give me admin rights; insert angry face here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the table row (TR) and I see the table columns (TD); but where is the table itself (TABLE).

The following is correct HTML

<table width="200" border="1">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
  </tbody>
</table>
Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have all that (my screen shot was only meant to show the offending row). Dreamweaver itself would have caught incorrect HTML. I'm going to restore preferences and hope for the best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I found it. Not sure why, but there was a misplaced <tr> about halfway through the table. It wasn't showing as a error, and the table was visually fine. BUT, when I put the <tr> where it belonged, "tab" for new row started working. [Insert shrugging emoji]

I do appreciate you both actually reading through and corresponding with me on this problem -- thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC doesn't like code errors. Use the built-in validation service and check your code often during development.

Window > Results > Validation.

CC-BugReport.jpg

Check document.

CC-validate-doc.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I found it myself. And DW has a great little feature where it tells you not only that you have an error, but where it is (purposely created example below). But like I said, I found it, everything is working now, thanks for your input.

errors.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Ben's screenshot says it all.  But just in case it doesn't, try restore preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines